Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Victoria Strauss’s POV

I walked into my room and sighed. I am too exhausted today. I plopped down on my bed and dropped my handbag on the floor. I shut my eyes for a moment to get a quick rest. I got up from my bed and stripped.

I took of my dress which I hate so much because it shows my legs and thighs too much. Valerie and Tanya bought it for me because they never saw me wearing a dress before. And the second reason I hate it because of it color. I hate pink the most among colors. Pink is too bright for my liking and looks too girly and childish.

I went into my bathroom and showered. After shower, I walked off from my bathroom with my towel wrapped around my body. I put on my blue T-shirt and white short while dried my wet hair. I flinched when my phone beeped in my bag. 

My queen, what are you doing? Have you eaten yet?-Adam Watson

No, I just bathed.-Victoria Strauss

My queen, you shouldn’t make me hard. I’m hard enough when I’m thinking about you.-Adam Watson

Hard? What hard? Did I texted something weird?

I ignored his text and walked out from my room. As I went downstairs, I smelled the most amazing smell lingered in my house. Neil is cooking something. I should go to the kitchen. I ran quickly to the kitchen and hugged my dad from his back. Dad just smiled and pecked my forehead as my chin was leaning on his shoulder.

I popped my tongue at Neil as he called me a daddy girl. Well, I love my dad more than my mom so that will make me a daddy girl. Being a daddy girl isn’t bad at all. I can have anything I want but I never ask anything from my dad before.

I released my hug and sat on the dining table while watching the cooks make their masterpiece.

“Honey, came out from your room!” Mom shouted in the living room. 

“Mom, I’m already at the dining room.” I said while rolling my eyes. Mom muttered ‘oops’ when she saw me at the dining table. She sat in front of me and grinned sheepishly.

“Dinner is ready.” Dad said while putting the foods on the table. I licked my lip and grinned. The foods are irresistible for me to eat. I am very lucky having two men who cook very well in the house. Neil cleared his throat when I was about to grab a fried drumstick.

“Be patient, babe. The foods aren’t going anywhere.”

“Shut up. I want to eat.” I growled and glared at him. He chuckled when my mom slapped my hand as I tried to grab the chicken wing again. I rubbed my red hand from the slap and pouted. I just want to eat. 

“Wait for the guests to come. It’s almost 8 p.m. so he’ll be coming anytime now.”  

What guests? Who is he?

“Who is he?”

“Well, he’s dad’s old high school friend. They just met yesterday. He’ll come here with his wife. I heard that they have a son.” Mom said while grinning to me. There she goes again.

“Mom, just leave me alone.” I said sighing in defeat.

“What are you talking about? I heard that they are loaded and their son is 2 times richer than them!”Mom said squealing at the mention of the word rich.

“Why don’t you marry their loaded son instead?” I said mocking mom and rolled my eyes. Dad cleared his throat as he heard my reply. Jealous, huh?

“Stop it both of you. Please be mature, Mrs. Strauss.” Dad scowled sternly and glared at mum and me. We silenced until we heard the door bell rang. Mom rushed towards the door and opened it. I saw a middle-aged man with a salt and pepper hair and next to him is a tall beautiful woman and she has a straight blonde hair. They look good together. I bet the man is dad’s old friend and the woman next to him is his wife.