Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Victoria Strauss’s POV

I went straight to my room as the elevator stopped. I plopped down on my seat. 

“I hope Adam isn’t in his office right now.” I sighed and placed my bag on the table. I walked out from my room and stood in front of his office’s room. I bent over and pushed the door slightly to peek.

“My queen, what are you doing out here?” I gulped and stiffened as a familiar deep husky voice hit my ear. I turned to my back and Adam was standing there watching me… or my butt? 

“I… I…” Quickly I stood up and my eyes were looking around to search for an excuse. He is wearing a light blue blazer with a white shirt and a black jean. Jean? I never saw him wearing one. Well, he looks good on it.

“My queen, did you miss me?”

“N-no. I’m just wanted to check if you’re okay.” I said while straightening my shirt. I bit my lip trying to control my nervousness. I was shocked when he stepped closer to me and leaned closer to my left ear. I can feel his warm breath fanned my ear. 

“Don’t worry, my queen. I won’t bite if you tell me that you miss me.” He whispered to my ear. I inhaled trying to calm myself from shivering at his sexy voice.

No, Victoria. Neil is right. I can’t be afraid of him. I am strong now. 

I took a deep breath before I lifted his arm and flipped him down on the floor making a loud bump sound. 

I smiled when I saw Adam was groaning on the floor. Yes, I did it!

“Ow… what the hell is that for?”

“That’s for being a pervert.” I smirked and flipped my long wavy hair. I went straight to my room and closed the door.

I giggled as I heard my name was being shouted by Adam. I felt sorry for treating him like that. I don’t want to hurt him but I can’t let my guard down. 

I sighed and leaned my head on the table. I can’t do anything today because I have messed with Adam. But, I don’t care. I will act like usual. Work means work.

I was texting with Tanya until I flinched when the office telephone rang. I cleared my throat and answered the call.

“Hello. May I help you?” I answered and smiled. 

“I’m Calvin Hugh. I need to talk to Adam Watson.” A silky male voice answered. Maybe he is one of the business partners.

“Wait a minute, sir.” I hold up the phone and called Adam’s desk phone.

“What?!” I flinched at his angry voice. He is still angry at me?

“Mr. Calvin Hugh wants to talk to you.” I said in a bored tone. 

“Tell him to meet me in my office.”

“Okay.”I said and connected again to Mr. Calvin Hugh. 

“Mr. Calvin Hugh, Mr. Watson want you to meet him in his office.” I said with a straight voice. I raised my eyebrows as I heard Mr. Calvin’s laugh on the line.

“Baby, I don’t eat people. Just call me baby.”I rolled my eyes. He is a player, I knew it. I met the ‘best’ people this year, a hot monster and a player. 

“Okay… I’m sorry but I prefer dickhead.” I said and hung up the phone. I sighed and leaned my back on my seat. 

I went out to my office to bring a fax to Adam. As I got out, I stopped as the elevator opened. 

I saw a tall guy wearing a grey suit. A silver watch hung on his left wrist. His skin is well-toned and his brown hair was combed neatly to the back. While I was checking the guy out, he was giving a smirk at me. I turned away trying to ignore his smirk.

“Hello, baby. I bet you’re Adam’s new assistant.” The guy said at my back. I turned again to meet the guy and smiled.

“Yes, I am. Did you have any appointment with Mr. Watson?” I asked and smiled as friendly as I can. The guy keeps smirking as he walked closer to me. 

 “I have an appointment with your heart, baby. I need to meet her.” He said while looking at my chest. I quickly covered my chest with my hand and frowned. He just chuckled watching me covering my chest.

“What do you want from me?” I said coldly and glared at him. He smirked and cocked his head a little. 

“I just want to meet Adam.” I flinched slightly when he lifted my hand and kissed my knuckle. He left me alone in shock and went straight to Adam’s office. 

Ew… sick player isn’t my type.

I walked straight to Adam’s office and pushed the door. I saw the guy sat in front of Adam’s desk while Adam was looking at me on his usual seat. They look like just having a talk. I should leave not wanting to interrupt their talk.

“Adam, here is a fax for you.”I said while handing the fax on his desk. When I was about to leave, a warm hand held my wrist stopping me.

“Baby, where are you going? Don’t you want to be with me?”He said while looking into my eyes and caressing my wrist.

“Calvin, hands off.”Adam commanded sternly to the guy. He quickly leaves his hand off from my wrist while Adam is still glaring to him.

“Victoria, this is Calvin Hugh. Calvin, this is Victoria Strauss.”Adam introduced us and I just smiled at him. Oh, this guy is the dickhead guy on the phone.

“What a lucky man I am. A beautiful goddess is standing in front of me right now.”That dickhead guy complimented while staring at me from head to toe on his seat. Hearing this guy complimented like a helpless Romeo makes me sick. 

“Victoria, can you leave us?”Adam said. I snapped from my thought and smiled. I quickly pulled the door and left the room. 

“What a lucky man I am. A beautiful goddess blah blah blah…”I mocked the dickhead guy as I got into my room. I sat on my seat and continued my work.