Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Victoria Strauss’s POV

“Finally…”I said as I took a deep breath of the fresh air… well, not that fresh actually if you live near the city.

“Wait, babe. I’ll get you.”Neil said as he hopped out from the driver seat. I just waited for him to come and he opened the door for me like a true gentleman.

Then, his arms slide at my back and my thighs. He was lifting me in bridal style. 

“You know that I’m heavy and I think I gained a lot of weight since I got into the hospital.”I stated while sighing as I leaned my head on his hard chest. 

“I’m strong enough to lift you and mom.”He said with a chuckle. I just rolled my eyes and he keeps lifting me until we got into the house.

I smelt a very delicious smell and I knew dad already made a special lunch for me. I got dismissed after a week staying in that horrible hospital. The hospital is quite scary at night.

Neil put me down on the couch in a comfortable position and went straight to upstairs. 

“Wait. Lift me to the dining room.”I commanded stopping his pace to go upstairs. He sighed in annoyance darted his blue eyes at me.

“Babe, I haven’t bathed yet so walk with your own feet.”He said and ran to upstairs on the staircase.

Why would he lift me earlier? The house is not that far and he should have just let me walk by myself.

Stupid Neil.

“Princess, I had made a special lunch for you.”Dad’s voice reached the living room and I got up from the couch to go to the dining room in lazy pace.

As I got into the living room, mom and dad were sitting at the dining table and greeted me with a smile.

“I miss you, honey.”Mom said as she ran towards me and engulfed me into a tight hug.

“Mom, you’re killing me!”I said in her tight arms as I struggled to get away and catch some breath.

“Oh… I’m sorry, honey. Did I hurt you?”Mom asked worriedly as she released the hug and sat me down on the chair.

“Your dad had made your favorite food. Your favorite cream pasta, roasted chicken, lemon meringue and for dessert, banana split.”She said as she pointed at each of the food and dad took out a banana split from the refrigerator. I just looked at the food in wide eyes. 

These are too much for a lunch. 

I just need a proper lunch, not all my favorite food.

But I’ll take that banana split.

“Sorry, mom and dad. These are too much for me. I’ll take the banana split.”I said as I grabbed the bowl of banana split in front of me.

“Okay. I bet all these foods will go to the trash bin.”Dad said as he shrugged and mom sighed in disappointment.

These foods will go to the trash bin?

Hell no! 

“No, I’ll eat it all.”I said and pushed the banana split aside. 

“Really? Oh… Thank you, honey.”Mom said with a hint of content in her voice. I just nodded and took the cream pasta. 

Let’s dig in!

20 minutes later…

I can’t eat anymore.