Part 5: Link and the SSSD

Note: Someone drew an amazing picture of this chapter but I need to get their permission to add it here. Haven't gotten around to asking yet. Sorry. (Cascadefreewill on Tumblr is responsible for making the cool art.

-------------------------

The narrative goes back in time to t-minus-148 hours before the fall of Hyrule Castle. The Champions are picking fights with ominous things. The plot is not jumping the shark: The plot is shield-jumping over the Zora Council of Elders.

The fight with the demon king had been unexpectedly easy for the first stage.

"Ica nexpla initsth iscur sea nd-*cough*" The glowing red eyes looked back and forth between the arrows which were being aimed at him. The demon's voice is guttural and rasps like he'd been gargling dirt for a while. "-thi sreal lyis nt *hack* wha titlo oksl ike-" Mipha lunged and he jumped aside with practiced dodging form. "-Myn ameis Link!" He'd dodged Mipha and Revali's attacks with ease while he kept pleading in a long-forgotten ancient language. The mud and grime of centuries doesn't help his appearances but there seems to be armor akin to the plating on the Guardians which had been excavated. It is likely anything else would have rotted ages ago.

"Die demon!"

"Oh come on, that should have hit him!"

"Stay focused! He's the Calamity for crying out loud, did you expect him to stand still?!"

"Idon tunde rstan da wor dyou ar es ayi ng! Wai tistha tthe-" The demon looked at the Stone with the Sword that Seals the Darkness (SSSD) on Daruk's shoulder with wide eyes. This distraction caused him to take a stab in the arm from Mipha's trident. The armor was effective, but the force behind the strike would probably leave a bruise in the morning.

Urbosa's lightning struck him while he was saying "Sur elyth isisa cru eljo ke..." He was stunned by the crackling electricity. The twitching demon was then crushed by the SSSD and left in the dirt with the SSSD rolling off his back.

Zelda yelled for people to stay alert due to the stories. Even though a lack of video games were to be found in Hyrule, legends still spoke of a second porcine form that always seemed to happen as if to say 'I know I lost but I still hate you.' It wouldn't take them completely by surprise when the boss had multiple forms. The not-quite-six-foot-tall fellow with the white hair, glowing red eyes, and grey skin lay on the grass without moving. Daruk's masonry chucking seemed to have crushed the demon into submission. He had scarcely been down for a moment before the air around him exploded with darkness which threw all the champions back. Even Daruk was blasted away as the miasma completely defied conservation of matter and roared away from them. The Champions picked themselves up off the ground and chugged elixirs as they ran for the Divine Beasts. Daruk hastily grabbed the SSSD. Zelda dutifully followed Urbosa's command to stay at her side.

Had she looked backwards, she might have seen the Master Sword sitting down on the grass next to the motionless white-haired man. It wasn't until they were out of sight on the way to the Castle that Daruk noticed the stuff he was lugging lost a few digits of the acronym and was now just an S. The rest of the acronym had slid out and fallen into the grass near a river and a rather battered individual in cracked Ancient Armor.

The fight with the demon king had been unexpectedly easy for the first stage. Pity no one understood what he was saying.

------------------

First, we look at the heroic Champions as they ride off to save the day and chase down that giant cloud of darkness, wherever it is going.

The first one to notice the SSD from the SSSD is missing was Revali, with his eye for detail.