Finale

Epona, Link, and Zelda prove that they are Hyrule's best demon-slaying crew.

--------------------

Out in Hyrule Field, Epona glared at Link as he appeared next to her in a little pop of light.

Link smiled and folded his arms. "Shouldn't you be with Malanya? Seriously Epona, you didn't need... to..." Link sensed the something that Epona was gesturing to with her head. That spurred him to turn around and look at the colossal problem which was behind him.

"Ganon was born out of a dark past..." Zelda's history lesson was not at the forefront of Link's attention as he hoisted himself into the saddle. "He has given up on reincarnation and assumed his pure, enraged form." Link mentally was looking at the grass and wondering if updrafts from fire would carry him upwards far enough to attack Ganon's face.

Zelda knew what he was thinking and that long range was gonna be much better for this fight. "I entrust you with the Bow of Light-a powerful weapon in the face of evil." She had seen Link's wildly improbable archery skills. "Link, you may not be at a point where you have fully recovered your power or all of your memories..." She patiently waited for him to finish undoing the leather strap that tied the Master Sword to his hand. This gave her the opportunity to give him a pep talk on behalf of her predecessors while Ganon did his dramatic posing. Ganon was currently outranking Revali in the drama department. "But courage need not be remembered for it is never forgotten."

Epona figured Link was about done with removing the straps so she galloped to the bow and demonstrated just why she was objectively superior to other horses. Link acknowledged Zelda's work on making glowing weak points by making use of said weak points.

------------------------------

From the distance which Kass and Paya previously assumed was safe, they were rapidly scribbling down notes after they'd took up partial cover behind a large boulder. They couldn't exactly see a lot and Kass had taken the spyglass from Paya to combine his amazing eyesight with her note-taking speed. They had improvised binoculars by tying his spyglass and her spyglass together. "The hero didn't even flinch! The horse is a hair's breadth from that hoof and SHOOT THE GLOWING AREA! WHAT Epona just grabbed a tree branch for some reason and it is on fire and she is setting more grass on fire and Linkjustjumpedintotheinferno!"

Paya gasped and her pencil tore through the pages.

"Wait, no, he's pulled out his paraglider at the last second to rise into the heavens and strike! YES! Link hit three spots in the space of a second! He shot faster than I can even see!" She made a grab for the makeshift binoculars but Kass wasn't done. He waved a wing at her and separated the spyglasses so they could both watch. Paya listened with rapt attention as Kass reinvented Hyrulean sports-style commentary. She couldn't take her eyes off the glowing bow and streaks of light which fought against Ganon. "He just went UNDER it! He's riding around the back of it again now!" Kass knew ten seconds of this fight was going to be worth several works of wordsmithery.

On the other side of the battle, the many ghosts of Hyrule Castle were trying to get a good look at things, but without the benefit of a spyglass. They were dead enough to not care about having protective cover.

It took Link and Epona very little time to kill Beast Ganon. Epona's skill and anticipation of Link's movements was unparalleled. All watchers fell silent when the pure and holy light of Princess Zelda became visible. Paya's pencil was forgotten as it dropped to the ground. Awe filled the souls of the dead men on the castle ramparts. Not one person moved until the sky changed to blue.

------------------------

"I've been keeping watch over you all this time..."