13

Wednesday morning, I was sitting in one of the stairwells and doodling in a notebook before school started when I was approached by Tobias.

"Hey (y/n)" he took a seat next to me on the step.

"Hey Tobbe, what's up?"

"Nothing much, just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out friday? I thought we could maybe see a movie or something, I don't know." He looked down at his hands.

"I'd love to and normally I'd say yes, but Markus asked me to go see a movie with him Friday."

His smile quickly faded "So is it like a date?"

"I don't know, I think so. Why?"

"Well, do you like him?"

"I'm not sure, maybe a little?" I shrugged.

He furrowed his brows, then it was as if he shook off the expression and put on a smile. "That's great (y/n)."

"Are you okay? You look-"

"I'm fine but uh, I've gotta go." He stood up and quickly paced down the stairs and out of my vision.

~~

After school I ran into Alex who pulled me aside to talk.

"Hey Alex, what's going on?"

"I have to ask you something."

"Go on."

"How do you feel about Tobias?"

"He's been my best friend since I got here, aside from you guys. Why?"

"Hm. Okay."

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing but I think you should talk to him."

"Why what's going on? Is he okay?"

I hadn't seen Tobias since this morning so I really wasn't sure of his well being at the moment. Although when he took off this morning, it seemed like something had gotten to him all of a sudden.

"Look, Tobias can be complicated at times and usually when he does certain things or acts a certain way, there's a meaningful reason behind it."

"Well, do you know what's wrong with him?"

Alex sighed as if he couldn't say much more "Just talk to him. He's stubborn, but eventually he'll open up to you."

I nodded "Well thanks Alex, I'll talk to him."

Alex was pretty vague with his explanation of what was going on. So I left confused and still not knowing what was wrong with Tobias and what exactly I needed to talk to him about.

~~

When I got home I called Tobias but no answer, I was pretty sure he wasn't going to answer anyway so I decided I'd make the effort to walk to his house.

When I got there I knocked on the door and was greeted by Tobias's mom "oh good you're here. Listen he's been really down as of late, could you talk to him?"

"That's actually what I'm here to do."

"Thank goodness, okay come on in."

I walked upstairs and knocked on his door.

"Yeah" was the response from the other side of the door.

I walked in to see Tobias sitting on the floor and strumming his guitar.

"Hey, it's me."

He stood up and put his guitar down "What's up?"

"Me? What's up with you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?"

"I'm not sure, Alex told me to talk to you. He didn't explain a whole lot but, if something is wrong I'd like to help you." I walked over and sat next to him on the floor.

He let out a sigh "It's really stupid, you'd laugh if I told you what's been bothering me."

"No I wouldn't, I promise. You can tell me anything, Tobbe."

He sighed and directed his gaze to the floor as if pondering whether to tell me or not.

"Tobias, you're my best friend and you can tell me anything. I'm aware that sometimes people need their privacy but you are visibly upset and as your friend I just want to help you."

"But if I told you it might make things weird and fuck everything up."

"Tobbe how bad could it b-"

"Look (y/n), I appreciate you stopping by and checking on me but I don't think I can tell you, atleast not yet."

I nodded and decided not to push any further "I understand Tobi, I'll see you later, okay?"

I stood up from the floor and walked towards the door when I felt him gently grab my arm.

He turned me to look at him, stared directly into my eyes and said "Jag är kär i dig."

"What does that mean?"

"Hopefully I can tell you soon." He said before pulling me into a hug before I left.

A/N: A double update because I felt productive today :) hope you guys are enjoying so far.