Chapter 50

Feeling yippy for making his boss happy with a praise rant, Molefi returns downstairs to find Akida and Pono. The three aides can't have enough gist about their boss's elation to be hosting Sheline for the first time. They chat on for long, rubbing minds on what the future holds with Sheline as the first lady.

A bang filters in from the upper floor.

"Sheline falls at last." Molefi smiles, referring to Bandele's habit of banging the door when a target proves too hard.

His colleagues nod in agreement.

To confirm his supposition, Molefi climbs the stairs but pauses half-way up listening for voices in the lobbyroom but only the TV speaks.

Feeling confident yet again about his planning skills, Molefi returns to his desk to update his CV. The meticulous plan and smooth execution which brought Sheline here indicates that his planning skills are top-notch. Any company in need of his services must pay 25 000 rands a month or more; otherwise, they should look elsewhere. He's now a master planner.

Moments later, a female yells from the upper floor. "Help!"

The voice startles Molefi and others, but they soon wave it off as romantic moans from Bandele's room.

"She won't leave the castle until tomorrow," Pono jokes.

"For sure." Akida lay on the sofa. He's off duty for now.

Pono leaves the house to meet his boys.

"Can someone help me, please?" The voice from above gets louder. This time, it sounds like someone in pain.

Molefi charges towards the stairs. Akida follows suit.

The cry for help goes off again and again.

Both aides move to Bandele's door where the cry comes from, but none tries to open it.

"Molefi!" Bandele's voice is unmistakable, even if it lacks the usual verve.

The two aides exchange puzzling looks. What's happening in Bandele's bedroom? Bandele sounds stressed, but he doesn't call his aides when locked in with a lady. How can a romantic afternoon turn dangerous?

"Why is Bandele shouting?" Akida whispers.

"Can someone please help us?" Sheline launches a shrill.

Molefi shakes the door handle with both hands but hardly does it move. He applies more force but no effect still.

Akida takes over, exerting strength from hidden muscles but he only manages to weaken the handle.

While the cry for help seizes, both aides eavesdrop through the keyhole. The exchange of words between Bandele and Sheline isn't a normal one.

"Ouch! That hurts; take it easy." Sheline screeches in the bedroom.

"I can't stand up."

"What's holding you back?"

"You!"

"I'm not holding you. My legs are wide open."

"Let me go. Why are you doing this?"

"I'm not doing anything, Bandele. Get off me, please."

She tries to push him off, but they're joined at the loins. Yet again, he pulls off slowly, but she grabs him closer. "Stop hurting me."

"What is this?" Bandile shouts, getting upset.

"It's from the tablets you took earlier." She reminds him. "What was it for?"

"No. It can't be Viagra. I've used it many times but this didn't happen. Has this happened to you before?"

"No, not me." Sheline whimpers. "Can't you just soften your... your thing and let go?"

"No. It's stuck there, standing."

"Did you take an overdose of the tablets?"

"No, just two. I always take two. What did you eat this morning?"

"Now, it's about me, eh?"

"Answer the question. If this is not from me, it must be from you. What did you eat before leaving your house?"

"Muesli with milk."

"Moeasy? What is that?"

"Food – oats and nuts."

"Where did you buy it from?"

"From the department stores, of course. Where else?"

"Are you sure you didn't bring it from Zimbabwe? This problem must be from your Moeasy. Or did you hide glue in your clothes before coming here?"

"No. Don't accuse me of something I know nothing about." Her voice picks up volume. "Someone help me please!"

"Unlock the door!" Akida shouts through the keyhole.

Molefi glances at him with widened eyes. "D'you think they'll be shouting if they can unlock it?"

"Someone rescue me, please?" Sheline weeps.

"Break the door!" Molefi says to his colleague.

Akida dashes to the lower floor to grab tools from the maintenance room, returning with a sledgehammer which he uses to hit the door. But he has to make several attempts before the door gives way. Both men rush into the room to meet the biggest shock of their lives.

There lay unclad and sweaty Bandele locked between Sheline's legs struggling to lift off from her. His head rests on her bare chest while he tries to understand the glue which keeps him stuck to her loins.

Sheline covers her face in shame.

Staring at each other with mouth agape, Molefi and Akida stretch out their hands wondering what might have gone wrong. Why aren't the lovebirds able to leave each other? This is an aberration.

Eager to find a solution, Molefi beckons on Akida. "Let's talk for a moment."

They step out of the room.

With both hands on his head and eyes glittering in shock, Molefi asks: "Have you seen this before, where two people are glued together after sex?"

"Err...no." Akida shakes his head vigorously, leaning on the wall dejectedly. "This is... this is... strange and unusual."

"What do we do now?"

Akida shrugs.

While the men rub minds on what their next move should be, Sheline's phone rings inside her handbag which is still in the lobbyroom. Molefi jerks forward to pick it up but quickly changes his mind. This isn't the time to answer phone calls. What will he tell the caller?

But Sheline recognises the ringtone. It's Moyo making his routine Saturday call. What will she say to him, and how will she explain the situation that got her locked with a man she recently met? Should her mom get to know about this, what would be the old woman's reaction?

Sheline raises her voice in a shrill that deafens everyone around. "Help!"

###

The End

Appreciation:

Hi, thank you for reading my book. If you enjoyed it, won't you please take a moment to leave me a review?

Thanks!

Next in Series: The Lion is Caged