//Epilogue//

This isn't the end of their story, but I always wanted to write this and I think it fit in quite nicely here. 

Typo will be started soon, and be looking for a Spurious update around the corner. Zoo extras will be out and about as well :) So if you have any extras you want to read... comment them!

Enjoy :)

-Hannah

Epilogue

            “One more minute?” I begged him, hands caught in his hoodie with the steady beat of his heart fueling the butterflies that I had faith would never disappear when I was with him.

            “One more.” He breathed into my hair, lips marking the top of my head with the final goodbye.

            “Tomlinson, you have a show in seven hours. We don’t have time to miss this flight, we actually don’t have time at all.” Markus’s rough voice was laced with sympathy, the reality that Louis and I would have half the world between us in less than forty-eight hours was sinking in as painfully as a fresh stab wound.

            “Are you absolutely certain you must go save the Dodo bird?” Louis whispered into my ear, his hands full of luggage. The guitar case rubbing painfully against my leg, and his duffel bag full of the things most important to him tucked around us.

            “The Dodo bird has been extinct for three-hundred years Lou.” I grinned into him, breathing the expensive cologne and faint traces of my apartment on him.

            I’d insisted on washing his clothes last night, despite his many attempts to tell me that I didn’t need to and there were washing machines in Latin-America, I’d done it for much different reasons than just making sure he was clean. I used my detergent, my washing sheets, so maybe he’d find a shirt he hadn’t worn two months from now –lord knows he was prone to wearing the same outfits- and he’d be reminded of me because I used American tide. Was it crazy? Probably. Didn’t mean it wasn’t worth a shot.

            “It can wait another three months to be found then.” He grinned, pulling back slightly to give me his sunshine smile, but there was a whole lot missing from it. The hint of sadness, regret and loneliness already swimming in the crystal clear blue of his eyes.

            “Louis, I can give you another thirty seconds before I really am going to just drag you away.” Markus sighed, and although Louis and I both knew he would give us all the time we needed, we also both realized that it took a lot of Markus to give us that sort of freedom and now wasn’t the time to squander it. There would be a time and place where would get into a shit ton of trouble and need our frequent flier miles, and it was best to build them up to diminish the blow.

            “Louis you need to go and I need to get back here in two hours and I’m running late, I don’t have my carry-on packed and I have to get-“

            “Lydia, shut up.” Louis chuckled, leaning in quickly to bring a silent kiss to my cheek. The paparazzi taking away the one goodbye I wanted, but I knew and understood just as much as he did that he wasn’t going to put either of us in that position.

            I could want whatever I wanted and he would give it to me in an instant. Money didn’t bother him, in fact I think he’d have an easier time giving me a house in every city known to man than he would kissing me in public, because that’s how Louis was. He respected our privacy so wholly that even I couldn’t argue with it, because the man didn’t have a single flaw to me.