Chapter 40

The chapter is dedicated to shubhangi1600

Next morning at Metha house!

Avni was getting ready when she heard Neela  voice.. avni turns around and saw Neela coming holding something in her hand..

Avni : good morning maa!

Neela : good morning avni.. do you have few minutes with you?

Avni : yes maa.. just give me few minutes..

Neela : take your time ! I'll be waiting for you in my room. Once you ready, please come there.

Avni nodded her head while Neela left.. avni turning back up to mirror continued getting ready.

10 minutes later avni taking her things moves to Neela room and knocks..

Neela said 'come in'.

Avni enters inside and saw Neela sitting on bed with her head resting on headboard..

Avni : maa..

Neela : come in.. have seat avni..

Avni sat opposite Neela and looks at Neela.

Neela held Avni's hand and looks at her..

Avni : maa.. you wanted to speak to me?

Neela : yes avni.. I do..

Avni : what's the matter maa?

Neela : Avni.. what do you think about marriage?

Avni's eyes went wide hearing the word 'marriage'.

Avni : maa.. marriage?

Neela : yes marriage avni.. see you are age of getting marriage. Many proposals you have rejected because you was not ready for marriage.. now you are ready. You work too.. what do you think should we look groom for you..

Avni was still shocked hearing marriage when another bomb dropped on her head about groom.

( author note: Metha family knows Neil loves avni but they don't know about Avni's feelings towards Neil. Though they can see it in Avni's eyes but avni hasn't shared anything about her  feelings to her family. Nor avni is aware of her family knowing Neil's feelings towards her)

Avni registered Neela words and composed herself..

Avni : maa.. isn't needed to get married.. can't I spend my entire being single.. why do I have to get marry?

Neela shook her head in disbelief..

Neela: avni.. are you in your sense.. really you want to be single all life of yours.. acha leave this.. tell don't you want partner who will love unconditionally and share every moments with you.. bacha try to understand marriage is important for boy and girl. Is there something I need to know? I mean.. do you love someone.. or you like someone. You can tell me.. I'll make sure he marries you..

Avni immediately looks down.. how can she say she still loves him and always will love him only..

Neela : avni.. is there someone in your life..

Thanks to Avni's phone which rang on correct time..

Avni : sorry maa.. I have to leave.. we can talk on this conversation later on..

Avni stood up and turned around to leave but stopped hearing Neela  voice...

Neela : don't think you can escape from this matter avni? I need your answer avni.. think about this marriage..