Chapter Ten: Wasn't It Kylie?

Vanessa's hairs are roughly dyed in silver, and it was like she didn't have enough time to properly dye it because the highlights of her previous pink color was peeking out from here and there. And the most horrible was the pale color on her face.

Jayden's eyes wandered all over her face. Thanks to God that the whole cafe was deserted except for us unless it would've been really weird when he hovered over the counter and grabbed Vanessa's face on his hand. She flinched at the contact but stood there, still confused about everything.

"Jay, it's fine, I'm okay..."

"I'm deciding if it is fucking okay or not Van, just tell me what happened!"Jayden's voice boomed inside of the small place that I had to take a step back in terror. Vanessa moved her head from his hands and mumbled.

"Nothing happened."

Jayden took a deep breath and started ruffling his hair with his hand, another on his hips, his nose flared in anger.

"Okay then..." he at last calms down. Taking his phone out of his pocket, Jayden looked up at Vanessa. "You're not going to tell me? That's fine. I forgot to call Sam and Austin here..."

He scrolled through the phone when Vanessa shrieked and yanked that away from his hand.

"Please, Jay no! Fine... just... okay."

She exhaustively gave up. "I'm going to tell you."

Biting my lip, I spoke between their conversation for the first time. "You guys talk, I'm gonna wait outside."

They both glanced at me and uttered in unison. "Stay."

Waving my hands in front if me, I grinned weakly. I don't want to put my nose on the glass where it doesn't belong. And I really don't want to, because interfering on things I shouldn't, wasn't my thing.

"No. I shouldn't be in here." I gave them a reassuring smile, letting them know that I'm completely okay with that. Vanessa looked over at me from behind Jayden's shoulder.

"Eve, stay. I've no problem."

Jayden turned his head to me. "Consider yourself lucky, Queen. This piece of shit here doesn't do that a lot."

She smacked his arm with her hand. "Don't call me that."

I examined both of them back and forth before sighing. "Okay, but don't regret this decision later."

**********************************************************************************
************

Jayden grabbed a chair and sits on it, as he plopped his legs on a table near him. Vanessa appeared with three cups of coffee, that reminded me that we had something just a while ago and the first thing she did was kick Jayden on his leg despite she had a trey full of coffee mugs but managed them perfectly that one drop of the coffee's doesn't fall from them.

I couldn't help but snort from my place when he yapped in pain. "Control your body parts lady."

She doesn't bother to reply and sat beside me. Delivering me a mug, one to Jayden and one for herself, she sipped the liquid. Jayden brings his legs down from the table, crossing his hands on his chest.

"Are you going to tell me?"

Vanessa inhaled deeply before answering. "This might sound a little intimidating, but I'm telling you this nevertheless, since you told me to." She waited for a little moment and bit her lips. She was really nervous.

"My mom and dad are getting a divorce."

Jayden's lips parted in disbelief and I constantly felt like a third person here. "I ran away from home five days ago and the manager of this cafe told me to stay in her home for a few day because she lives alone. Mom and dad both are thinking that I might be a burden for them cause they are going to live separately from now and neither of them doesn't want me in their personal life."