Chapter Sixteen: Suck Your Contrast

That certainly didn't come out lamely, I understood, when we completely lost track of time and place walking endlessly, moreover me being bare foot. And for some odd reason, my mind is keep singing One More Night by Maroon 5 over and over like a broken recorder. I sang one line out loud- trust me singing is not my thing- and stopped immediately when Jayden glanced at me sideways.

He beam amusedly. "Queen it's not that bad."

"Shut up." I grumble.

"Aw come on."

"We're lost in a jungle and I wonder if we can go home today and you're telling me to sing? Do you have any conscience?" I hiss in aggression. I'm still not convinced that the cops aren't finding us.

Jayden corrects me. "We're not in a jungle Queen. It's just a part of the town we've never seen. And seriously, how come you lived here for four years and don't know this place?"

I licked the inside of my cheek. "Jessi tells you everything?"

He take his phone out from his pocket and put in the password to check the the clock. "Pretty much yeah. It's.. holy mother of.. itsthreefortyfiveamalready?!"

Startled, I look at him to hear better of his incomprehensible sentence. "What?"

The horrified look on his face covers up my confusion as he kept looking at his phone like it was a snake instead of a cell. "I'm doomed. It's three forty five AM for Gods sake!"

I bit my lip indifferently

No one in our family is a morning person, so I don't think I'd be in much trouble. 

My head rent right side and in that moment, maybe I was hallucinating or maybe it was real, but my eyes caught something that wasn't supposed to. 

A silhouette of someone attract my sense when it escapes behind a wall, and for a fraction of second I wondered whether it was even real or not. 

I shake my head to jerk away from the thought. Who would be there? "So?"

"What so is," he hiss, not noticing what I just did. "If my sister anyhow comes inside my room to see it vacant and all the neon paints gone- say you won't see me at school again."

I was mildly surprised inside but I don't show it out even so he understood somehow. "Were you shocked? I know. She may be pretty as an angel but sure as hell ain't one."

I laugh at his skill at copying people. "Wasn't that Yondu?"

He chuckled. "You watched all of them?"

I blink. "All. Personal favorite?"

"Thor, don't even ask the question. Yours?" he asks.

My brain processed all the Marvel movies in two seconds before I answered. "Quicksilver."

My attention rears to my left as my heart leapt up. 

I knew the road. 

Jayden was going to say something about my weird choice of superhero but stopped once I pull at his hand, stumbled clumsily over him, then again stand up at any rate and jerk him at my direction anyways. "Come. I know this place."

**********************************************************************************************************

At four fifteen am in the morning, we both reach at our home. It wasn't going to happen but lucky me, I didn't see that road, we would move around like blinds and the rest of it would be history. That's actually weird but somehow I enjoyed being with him anyway including still annoyed about the fact that two hours later, I have to wake up and go to school. I can try and skip class if I want but that won't be logical since mom would be constantly ask me questions for the reason.