The First Clue

⚠️ Trigger Warning: this chapter contains attempted and successful suicide, mentions of it later in the chapter, and then mentions of death obviously. If any of this stuff makes you upset do not read. ⚠️

A loud crash sounded from downstairs, waking you up and causing you to spring out of your bed.

Panic rose in your chest, as you swung your small body out of your bed covered in stuffed animals.

You checked your pink alarm clock, it was 3:47 AM. It was your birthday.

Your bare feet padded down the hallway on the wooden floor. You stopped before walking down the stairs. You heard your parents rushed voices.

"Richard, let's think this through first, ok?"

"What's to think through, Brooke? We have no choice."

"I know Richard...but think about y/n. What will happen to her?"

"She'll go live with my brother and Eunchae, she'll be fine."

"Ok Richard, I guess your right, this is our only option."

"Don't be scared honey, I'll be with you every step of the way."

With that, you heard two loud bangs followed by two heavy thuds.

You ran down the stairs, fear taking over your tiny body.

Your small hands began to shake at the scene in front of you and tears welled up in your eyes.

Your parents laid on your living room floor, hand in hand, with blood trickling down their foreheads. Two guns were sprawled on the floor next to them.

"Mom? Dad?" your small voice shook as you spoke.

Fully sobbing, you ran up to them, and wrapped your small, shaking arms around their bloody figures.

"Wake up, please wake up," your voice quivered as you begged, "momma, it's my birthday, you promised me you and dad would be here for my birthday."

When your parents stayed silent and unmoving, you buried your face in your father's chest and sobbed.

Suddenly, you heard the door crash open, and frightened, you jumped up and hid behind the wall separating the kitchen from the living room.

Four men walked through your door, and entered your living room, their heavy black boots pounding against the wooden floor, matching the sound of your heartbeat.

They were dressed in black outfits, with heavy black belts hanging around their waists. They had black masks covering their faces, but you could still see their eyes. They were cold and piercing, and made your body shake.

Each of the men held big guns, like the type you'd seen in those spy movies your parents never let you watch, but you still did. You'd always covered your eyes when they shot the guns anyway.

A man in a black suit walked in after them and stood staring at your parents.

"How unfortunate," he said, in a monotone voice, cocking his head while staring down at your parents broken bodies.