New Outlook

"Girl," he said, "if only you knew."

"What do you mean?" you asked, "Give me a straight answer for God's sake."

"Fine, is you insist," Jae said, "you might want to sit down for this one."

"Are you serious right now?" you said, gesturing to yourself literally tied up in a chair.

"I'm never serious," he replied, slightly laughing.

"Please just give me an answer," you said, glaring at him.

"I'm getting to it," he said, suddenly snapping and becoming scary again.

He then sat down cross legged on the floor and gestured for his guards to do the same. They looked at each other confused, before he gestured to them more frantically, and they sat down as well.

"The reason why being the boss of Min Companies is so important," he said, "is because that person would be the head of most of the gangs in South Korea. He would be one of the most powerful and feared men in the whole country."

Gangs.

They were after you, but what if they already had you? What if you were their employee?

"You say most gangs," you pointed out, "what about the other ones?"

"Aren't you a curious girl," Jae said, "they're the rest of the prominent gangs in the country. They're the ones under me and the rest of my teammates. I'm not the leader, but he's more reserved so you'll likely never meet him. If your lucky."

"So you and your gang control some of the gangs in South Korea," you said, "and Yoongi's dad controls the rest?"

"Exactly," he said, "my gang is called Day6, Hyunjin's is called Stray Kids, but Day6 has control over Stray Kids. And I don't really know the names of the other gangs, you'll have to ask Wonpil about that. He's the logistics guy."

"Wonpil?" you asked.

"Someone in my gang," he replied.

"Okay, where do I come in?" you asked.

"You," he said, "are the most wanted girl among gangs and have been for about the past thirty years."

"What?" you said, shocked, "why?"

"You're telling me you seriously don't know?" Jae asked, disbelief etched across his face.

You shook your head.

"So the 'it's not an act' from before," he said, "that wasn't bullshit?"

You shook your head again.

"Interesting," he said.

"Look," you said, "if I really am the most wanted girl by gangs, and that wasn't bullshit, then I deserve to know why. So tell me."

Jae chuckled.

"You remember your parents?" he asked, shocking you.