step 17- tuesgay

Step Seventeen: Don't gossip or talk about drama. If a boy realizes that you have lots of drama surrounding you, he might think that there'll be a dramatic scene between the two of you!

"Happy llama, sad llama, mentally disturbed llama, super llama, drama llama, big fat mama llama..." I hum to myself. Right now, I don't feel like any of these except the mentally disturbed llama. I don't know why someone added that to a children's song, though. That gave me nightmares as a fetus.

Jisung laughs, recognizing the tune. Hyunjin had been drilling it into our heads ever since he first heard it, and FROG wouldn't be the same without a good ol' nursery rhyme. Jisung has been awfully nice to me since our argument yesterday. "Don't be a drama llama!"

"I won't be a Dramarama," I say. "Not that you know what that means or anything."

Shrugging, Jisung leaves my room to make another poisonous creation. Apparently, yesterday's dish didn't kill him. When I walk in, I make a disgusted face at the strawberry-garlic product defacing my beautiful kitchen. If my nose doesn't lie to me (although it usually does lie), then I may sense a hint of peanut butter.

Jisung probably has some kind of obsession with peanut butter. Maybe, I should stop buying it, so that he pays for it himself. I still owe Minho money for my green turtleneck and acid-bath-whatever-whatever jeans from target. I need to repay that.

I'm also in debt to Chipotle. The other day, I went there and got a custom taco made for me. Three, actually. They don't offer fewer than three at the joint close to my home.

Anyway, so I went to Chipotle and got my tacos. I was about to pay, when...

"My wallet!" I cried, looking at the depleted piece of leather. "It's empty!"

The cashier looked at me, raising an eyebrow. "You can't pay?"

I quickly looked up at her, then back at my tacos. Then back at her. Then at the tacos.

I could feel it. The beginning of a haiku, forming on the tip of my tongue.

"If I make up a haiku on the spot, will you let me go into debt to Chipotle?" I asked the cashier. She nodded, seeming confused.

"Make it fast," she said. The next part came as a whisper. "There's a scary, buff dude behind you, next in line."

I took a deep breath.

"The tacos call me.
The tacos are destiny.
The tacos mean life."

The girl blinked, pushing her hair back in surprise. I caught a glimpse of her name tag; Myo Sunhi was her name. Some day I would ask to give her a raise in return for what she did next.

"Pay me back by Saturday," she said, saving my life. "Don't forget."

I nodded, then frowned. "Take a picture of me so you remember what I look like."

"Nah, I know who you are. Lee Felix, a.k.a. Yongbok. You're the one who did the orange justice on top of a lunch table a while ago. Didn't you see? The video went viral."

Ah, what a great legacy to have.

So now I have to find enough money to be able to pay Sunhi back. Fun.

Before Jisung manages to take a bite of his creation, I pull it away from him. "Nuh-uh. If you want to eat that, you'll have to repay me for the ingredients." He pouts and whines, but eventually gives in.

Ah, the feeling of someone else's money in my hand.

>>><><<<

School is pretty boring, except for gym. Today I share the class with Changbin—and only Changbin, unlike the usual—because Minho and Jisung are going on  some kind of field trip to a movie theater. They're going to watch something in English to see how well they understand it. Obviously, I would ace that, but my English class is on a different level. Changbin isn't even taking English.