step 19- thursgay

Step Nineteen: Avoid "'yes' or 'no'" questions. These lead to short and awkward interactions, and you won't get to be with him as much!

Waking up in Changbin's bed is a dream come true.

No, let me try again.

When I wake up in Changbin's bed, I count my blessings and ask myself what city I saved in a past life to be able to be here.

Ew.

In the morning, the most intoxicating smell greets me.

Ah, there we go.

Pancakes.

I'm a sucker for pancakes. Like, who isn't? They're amazing; the mere thought of them makes my mouth water. I smell banana pancakes and blueberry pancakes. And... is that coffee? Oh, boy. Changbin has moved on from toying with my heart and is now toying with my stomach.

No, ew.

I think the smell of pancakes is messing with my last semblance of normalcy. That, of course, being my brown hair. At least the hair is a natural color. That's the only normal thing about me. I think. Maybe. Perhaps not.

I stumble down the stairs, in the general direction of the pancakes. I see Changbin standing in front of his stove, wearing a cute? little apron. Jeez. Did I just make an "aww" noise out loud? I'm going insane.

Changbin is startled by the noise and turns around. His eyes immediately grow larger than the steaming hot pancakes on a plate next to him.

~~~~~

The five hottest items on Earth, as ranked by Lee Felix, a.k.a. Lee Yongbok.

1) Seo Changbin. Wasn't it obvious?

2) Pancakes. Specifically, pancakes made by Seo Changbin.

2) Lee Minho with blue hair. Or any hair. Or—dare I say it—no hair.

3) The Sun. Wait, no... the Sun isn't on Earth.

3, revised) Park Jimin. I'm sorry, I had to.

4) Seat belt buckles during the summer. Those things are the Devil Incarnate, I swear to Taeil.

5) Cute little aprons, especially ones worn by Seo Changbin on Thursday, February Sixth, 2020. A.D. Or C.E., depending on who's reading it. Whatever.

~~~~~

Okay, so maybe that was six. Whatever. I can't possibly be the only person who has made the mistake of writing a number in a list twice.

This is where Dora would say, "What do you think the five hottest things on Earth are?" But I'm not Dora, so I won't ask. Or am I Dora? The world will never know.

"—can sit down and wait," Changbin is saying. He waves his spatula (or whatever it's called) in the direction of the living room. "I'll be there in a second."

I nod and almost turn away before I see it. A single drop if pancake batter, about to fly off the spatula thing.

I run forward. "No!" I shout, as the droplet leaves the spatula. Changbin flinches, surprised by my sudden movement. I catch the drop in my forearm, but both Changbin and I go crashing into each other and the ground.

The first thing he says to me is, "Man, living with you would be hella entertaining."

"Um, thanks," I blush. He smiles and stands up, extending a hand to me. "Sorry about that." He helps me up, not letting go of my hand.