step 21- caturgay

i love how i'm writing abt jeongin's birthday even though we're in the sad, barren field between hyunjin's birthday and changbin's birthday. there's like a drought istg bc all of skz's birthdays are clumped either in septemberish or february-march and it's sad.

and also... the first chapter got to 2.1k reads!! that's more than two thousand people oh my taeil okie bye gonna go freak out and then publish this!!! yay!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Step Twenty One: Every now and then, send a quick text to let him know that you saw something that made you think of him! This can ensure that you're on his mind, just like he's on yours!

I'm spending the whole day with him, I think. No need for this.

I'm pretty sure this is the first step that I'm ignoring, though...

>>><><<<

"Welcome to my world," an unfamiliar guy says, opening the door for us at 4:30 in the afternoon. "Let's do this."

Changbin looks around, nodding with appreciation as he memorizes how neat it is now. Because, if Jisung is telling the truth, there's going to be underage drinking here. Let's hope I remember what happens.

The boy who introduces himself as Jackson quickly takes our gift bags and hides them under the winding staircase, letting us know that Jeongin isn't here yet. The other sixteen boys wait in the living room that Jackson indicates to our left. There are two empty spots in between Minho and Jisung, so Changbin and I sit there. I end up sitting next to Minho—oddly enough—and Changbin. Jisung only winks and smiles at me from Minho's other side. Next to Jisung, Seungmin sighs for no particular reason. Same, Seungmin.

But I'm scared; it seems as though Jisung has actually managed to think of a plan of some kind. What for? I don't know. No matter what, though, I'm doomed.

Once Jeongin finally arrives, oblivious to all the gifts stashed under the staircase, we go around the lopsided circle and introduce ourselves. I already know Jackson and the FROG kids. Seungmin's friends' names go in one ear and out the other along with Jackson's six companions, but that's okay. Hopefully I don't have to call any of them by name.

"When are we leaving?" the boy next to Jackson asks. He has a lip piercing, and, honestly, I'm kind of jealous. I'm too afraid of needles for piercings, but I can appreciate how cool they are. "Eight?"

Seungmin's oldest friend nods. "We're probably leaving at around eight."

"The FROG kids are staying over," Chan says. "Like, spending the night. If they want."

"I didn't know we were doing that," Minho says. Same, Minho. But I agree with staying over; it sounds fun. Plus, Jeongin looks super happy. How can I say no?

Jackson, laughing, points out that we could become a boy band. "FROG Kids" would be our name, according to him. We all give him the stink eye. If we become a boy band, I'd want to be something cooler. Like Stray Kiss or Baby Photos.

What?

I meant to say that I'd want a cooler name, such as, maybe, The Stray Children. Perhaps Start Kids would be nice.

What?

Something is wrong with me.

Suddenly, Chan leaves the room. He comes back holding three boxes, placing them in front of Jeongin. "Happy birthday, Innie!" he exclaims, ruffling Jeongin's hair.

Jeongin pokes at the boxes, cautiously refraining from opening them. "What are these for?"

"One contains a gift from those guys," Chan says, pointing at Jackson and his friends, "and the other is from them." He gestures at Seungmin's friends. "The third is a birthday cake."