Chapter 29

Morgan’s POV 

I pulled out my phone just as the elevator arrived and JJ and Emily headed to the third floor to room 310. I scrolled through my contacts and found Garcia’s number she was before Hotch so I hit the call button.

“Hey baby girl.” I say as she picks up the phone.

“Hey handsome tell me something good.” She tells me. I smile at her attitude.

“You are the only thing that is on my mind 24/7.” I say smirking. This woman always knows how to make me feel better, that is why I’ve sworn to protect her. I was on my way to her house but I didn’t tell her I wanted to take her by surprise.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” She says playfulness evident in her voice.

“Well you are the most beautiful woman.” I say sincerely.

“Aww Derek” she says probably blushing.

“I am back in Virginia.” I say hoping to surprise her.

“Where?! I will come right over!"

"There is no need baby girl. Just open your door.” I say hoping she would. “Okay wait a second.” It worked.

She came and opened the door and she almost dropped her phone when she saw me standing at her door. She was wearing a pair of purple glasses a night gown reaching about an inch past her knees and a pair of pink fluffy bunny slippers and her hair was in a messy bun.

I smile and bring her into a close hug and pull her in for a kiss. Sparks ran up and down my spine as my lips met hers.

She pulls away surprised and pleased at the same time.

“I missed you too much.” I say.

“I missed you too. What brings you back?” she asks.

“Well we found JJ. Reid is in the hospital I will explain on the way.” I explain. “Wait I can’t go out into the world wearing my night gown. Would you like a coffee while I change?” she offers as I enter her home.

“It’s alright baby girl I will wait for you right here.” I say sitting on the edge of an arm chair hanging my neck as I hear Garcia rushing up the stairs to her bedroom. I cross my hands behind my neck and hope Reid is okay.

After 20 minutes Garcia comes back down wearing a pair of red glasses to match her red and yellow dress, her hair was no longer in a messy bun but be was now in two even pig tails, one on each side.

“You look great baby girl.” I say opening her door. “Thank you handsome.”She says grabbing her red purse and house keys that I take from her to lock the door, after I walk out.