Chapter 34

JJ’s POV

It was around 10:30 when the doctor came to talk to us to make sure that I was okay he checked me out said that I will be alright but I was restricted many things, like walking. I was to stay in the wheelchair for 2-3 days. It was okay Spence was free to go that night after the stiches were redone and then we would go get Henry and stay at my place as Will rented an apartment in downtown Virginia. I wanted to see Henry as I almost lost him again. I heard footsteps approaching. I turn to face the door and something crazy happened Morgan came with a tray of food in his hands and Henry on his back. I did not realize he had been gone for an hour as I was talking to Garcia, Reid and Emily. I looked at him, he had a wide smile on his face as he put henry down and he ran to hug me. I looked at Morgan an mouthed “Thank You” I was not sure how Derek knew the address but he somehow did and got my little man in the room.

Garcia went closer to him and he wrapped his arm around her waist.

“Yet again to prove to be a hero.” She says jokingly at which he kisses the top of her head. Minutes later Hotch and Rossi arrive as well to check on me and Reid. Hotch and Rossi took turns talking to me in private. I had Emily wheel me out of the room so I can talk to them while Derek was lifting Henry up off his feet and swinging him and put him on Reid’s bed before Hotch came out of the room.

“How are you feeling?” he asks concerned.

“Well, I have been better. I’m glad to still be alive if you guys were late he would’ve killed me.” I say as time slows down and I am taken back into that room helpless again my hands chained up and alone. Then I open my eyes and realize I was not there anymore. I was where I needed to be with my team and my son, my family.