Chapter 65

JJ’s POV  

I was standing there face to face with him and I was frozen I was faced with my monster and I was unable to move. He looks at me and starts laughing.

“I’ve missed you and I was thinking I was not going to see you.” He laughs.

I grip the gun tighter. “Move away from her!” I yell as he just stands there.

“You’re too scared of me to shoot me JJ, don’t you think I know what it is like to be in utter terror, so hard that you’re paralyzed and I know you’re terrified. You almost shot your friends. I’ve been haunting you. I’m your worst nightmare.” He laughs as he turns around. I can’t shoot I miss and I kill a victim. “You’re in time for the show he laughs.” At that point I don’t think I kick him off the victim and point my gun at him again.

“I’m not scared of you. You’re just a coward who can’t face the truth and low lives like you spend the rest of their lives in prison and you’re no exception. I am going to make sure you rot in that prison cell, you scum.” I say as I see he is clearly surprised. He gets up and hits me over the head with the jab of his gun before I can do anything.

“You bitch!” he yells as he points the gun at me as I lay on the ground in pain. He pulls the trigger. I manage to roll over and he ended up shooting the ground I get up and I kick his knees and I have him on the ground I take my hand cuffs and cuff him and I retrieve the keys and free the victim.

“Run and don’t look back.” I tell the victim as I heard footsteps running towards the basement. I see a shadow over me and I turn to see a shovel swinging towards me I use my arm to block it, causing my arm pain from impact. I kick him in the stomach as Derek comes down the stairs followed by Spence, Emily, Hotch and Rossi.

Spence takes the victim upstairs and Emily rushes to my side. And looks at the gush over my forehead and she aids me over to the ambulance and the doctors take a look.

“How many fingers am I holding up?” the young paramedic asks.

“Three.” I answer as they evaluate me.

“You have a mild concussion. You should be alright in two to three days. Here is an ice pack for your head.” He says handing me an ice pack. I get up and I stumble to the SUV. I sit in the front seat, beside Emily I was unfit to fly so Hotch ordered Emily to drive me home.

“What did the paramedics say?” She asks me .

“Mild concussion.” I say. “He said I will be okay in two to three days.”

“JJ wait!” Came Morgan’s voice from outside the car I roll my window down.

“I’m proud of you!” he says as he hugs me.

“Thanks Derek. I’m glad you were my coach.” I say smiling for real.

“It’s been a while, since I’ve seen a smile that genuine from you.” Emily says smiling.

I playfully slap her arm. I knew it wasn’t over, I knew my fight wasn’t over yet.