Chapter 5| an unwelcome stranger pt.1

{Please tell me if there is still their original names typed up rather then Y/n ,Damian ,F/n ,M/n ,G/F/n ,Athanasia ,Talia and Mara.}
————————————————————-
NOW

(Human form)
As night falls over Pride Rock, F/n notices Damian about to go into the inner palace with the lionesses; he jumps in front of Damian with a growl and intimidates him away from the cavern opening as he goes inside. Damian walks out onto the rocks to sleep. Y/n goes out to speak to him.
"Hey... uh, thanks for saving me today."
"What kind of hunter are you, anyway-- Princess? You almost got yourself killed out there."
"What?"
"You wouldn't last three days on your own." He challenged.
"{provoked} Oh... and I suppose you could teach me?" Y/n said feeling challenged.
"Heh... yeah." Damian said in a challenging voice again.
F/n shouts from the palace entrance.
"Y/n!" F/n could be heard from inside the palace
"Coming! {She turns back to Damian.} All right-- impress me. We start at dawn." She said.
Y/n walks back to the cavern; Damian continues speaking to himself.
"{chuckles} I look forward to it." Damian chuckles in a dark tone.

[back to where Athanasia and Talia sit watching from a nearby hill.]

(Lion form)
"Oh... oh... d-d-did you see that?! He let her go! If that were me--" Athanasia said to Talia.
"Hush. The fire-rescue worked perfectly, and F/n fell for it. Now, the closer Damian gets to the daughter, the closer he gets to F/n! And once he has F/n alone... rraaagh! {she emphasizes her point by swatting a young tree from its trunk}" Talia said.

~~~~~~~~~~~in F/n's dream~~~~~~~~~~

"F/n! F/n! Help me!" I hear my father shout.
"Father!" I shout
I see Ras al ghul is above me, laughing on the rocks against the moonlight
"Dad... just... a little... farther..."
Ras al ghul latches on to F/n's upper foreleg with his claws.
"Gotcha! ...Trust me."Ras al ghul says.
"F/n!"
G/F/N slides down and into the gorge
"Noooo!"
F/n turns on Ras al ghul, above him
"Ras al ghul!" I shout.
Ras al ghul, laughing, slowly morphs into Damian.
"Damian...?"I say
Damian suddenly lets go, throwing me down after G/F/n. He is still laughing. At the moment of impact, I wake up, panting. I looks around in fright, calms himself, and goes back to sleep next to M/n.

~~~~~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~~~~~

Authors POV
The next morning. F/n walked out of the palace and stretches, and then descends to the valley floor, where he walks slowly toward the water hole.
Damian is above him, hiding behind a rock; his teeth and claws are bared, ready to strike. (In lion form)
Suddenly, Y/n jumps in front of him, from around the front of the rock.
"G'morning! {laughs} I'm ready for my first lesson." She said in and excited tone.
Damian is stunned; he takes several moments to disguise his previous mindset and intentions.
Y/n is jumping around on her pawtips, very frisky "Surprised ya, huh?".
Damian looks back toward the water hole; F/n is gone.
"{laughing} Hey, c'mon. Let's go!",Y/n says.
Damian is still dumbstruck. After one last glance after his lost opportunity, he turns and follows Y/n.

~~~~~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~~~~~

(Damian is in human form while Y/n is in lion form)
Damian is attempting to teach stealth to Y/n. We hear her saying "Ow" in the underbrush a few times; Damian is smiling bemusedly to himself.
"{anticipating the pounce} Three... two... {rolls his eyes} one... {he ducks}" he says.
"Gotcha!"
Y/n leaps full over Damian's evasion, and tumbles over on the ground. Damian steps over to her head, looking down at her.
"{slightly embarrassed} You could hear me... huh?"
"Only... a lot. You're still breathing too hard. Relax... feel the earth under your paws... so it doesn't shift and make noise." Y/n follows his example. A flock of birds interrupts them, alighting beyond a nearby hill.

(Damian and Y/n is in lion form)
"Ssshh. Watch the master... and learn."
Damian runs silently down into a gully, then up the other side. Leaping over the ridgetop, he pounces with claws fully extended right down on top of Timon, who is foraging for bugs there.
"Aaaahhhh!"
Damian freezes in the position in which he hits the ground, with his mouth open; he skids to a halt with Timon between his forelegs.
"Don't eat me! Please! I... I... I never really met your tyrant. I mean, uh-- Ras. Ras. Oh, heck of a guy. A little moody, but, I..."
——————————————————————————————————