Red

The ground beneath him felt cold and his world had become dark. One moment he had been chatting happily with you, and the next he had entered this cold prison. At least, he thought it was a prison. He couldn't see or move. So he had not been able to gather his surroundings.

Astro was jolted out of his slumber by a sudden touch to the arm.

"Astro, wake up, Astro!" You cried and continuously shook him by the shoulder. Astro winced and grabbed onto your hand, stopping you.

"I'm up, what happened?" He grunted and sat up with your assistance.

"We were hit by a beam and I think we were captured." You summarised. Astro furrowed his brow and took in his surroundings. The two of you were currently trapped within a metal room with a glass screen, giving you a full view of what was on the other side.

"Looks like our guests are awake." A deep voice cut through the silence. You furrowed your brow and looked passed through the clear screen and saw President Stone.

"Who are you?" You questioned. President Stone laughed at your question and held his hands behind his back.

"Of course you wouldn't know me. You're just some country bumpkin from the outside world. Although you hold an incredible amount of power. Just like our dear friend Astro. Doesn't this bring back memories, Toby?" President Stone taunted. You raised an eyebrow at his words and turned your gaze to Astro.

He sat on the ground with wide, fearful eyes. His hands gripped at the ground tightly, cracking even the flooring. His breathing had become shallow, and his mind had become unstable. You sat next to him and creased your brows in confusion. Why did he look so....scared?

"No...no, no no no no no! D..." Astro clenched his fists and gritted his teeth together. He then shot up from his spot and ran towards the clear screen. You sucked in a sharp breath when he began to repeatedly bang his fist against the screen. "Dad! Dad! Help me!" He screamed.

Behind the screen, President Stone laughed his heart out at Astro's predicament. This made you extremely angry. Tears ran down Astro's cheeks as he cried out for his father. Astro was in this much pain, and President Stone, the man who practically killed Toby, was laughing at him.

You pushed yourself from the ground and ran over to Astro. You threw your arms around his torso and hugged him tightly with your face pressed against his back.

"Astro, calm down! It's alright, I'm here, you're safe. Nothing can hurt you in here." You whispered and nudged your face into his back. Astro felt his heart speed up and his eyes widened. Mistaking this feeling for fear, he cried even harder. You gritted your teeth and strengthened your grip on him. "Astro, I said..." You sucked in a sharp breath and threw him over your head, performing the German suplex on him. "...calm DOWN!" You cried.

Astro gasped for air as his body connected with the ground, knocking him out of his panic attack. You turned around and pinned him to the ground, preventing him from getting up. You stared into his eyes as his chest heaved up and down. You breathed in and clenched his wrists tightly.

"You're not in any danger. You're safe. I'm here with you. We're...in this together." You breathed. Astro continued to stare at you with a panicked expression. You shared with him your usual smile and relaxed your grip on him. After staring into your eyes, he began to calm down and let his body relax.

"That's right, I'm safe. That thing can't hurt me anymore..." He breathed out. You nodded and sat up.

"That's right." President Stone grimaced at your friendship and scowled as you pulled Astro up and wrapped your arms around him. Hesitantly, he returned your hug and buried his face into the crook of your neck.