A School Day...Filled With Work

The birds chirped outside in the early morning sun, basking themselves in the morning dew and the sun's rays. Astro's soft breaths came to a sudden stop as he awoke. He slowly blinked the sleep out of his eyes and groggily sat up in his bed. Astro's eyes turned to his side and saw that his blanket was oddly folded towards him. He furrowed his brow in confusion and looked around his room.

"Huh? When did I get back...?" He questioned himself and swing his legs over the side of his bed. A light knock fell against his bedroom door, tearing him out of his thoughts.

"Toby, Y/n, are the both of you awake?" Tenma's voice called from the other side of the door. Astro furrowed his brows in confusion and stood up from his bed.

"Huh? Y/n? Uh, yeah I'm awake. Was Y/n here?" He asked and pulled open his bedroom door, giving Tenma full access into his room. Tenma blinked in surprise and looked around his room.

"Huh, I thought they had stayed the night. I didn't see them leave." He mentioned. Astro raised a curious brow at his father and spared a quick glance outside the window. He then let out a small yawn and walked passed his father.

"They've probably gone back to the orphanage." He mentioned. Tenma nodded and followed behind his son. Orrin stood by the dining table, waiting with three plates of bacon and eggs. Astro eyed the third plate curiously and frowned. He then sat down in his own seat and began to pick at his food with his fork.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wind tussled your hair back and forth as you sat atop the roof of Astro's home with your knees hugged to your chest. Your left eye felt heated as it flickered from an agonizing red to a calming E/C. The inner turmoil you suffered greatly diminished your spirit, and you clasped your hand over your eye.

"Stop, don't show me these images!" You desperately cried out as L/n forced their hand towards you.

"Look at his/her face! Embed his/her gaze into your mind and remember your sins! Remember the crime you commited as a robot!" They shouted. You clenched your eyes shut tightly as you furociously shook your head.

"Stop it, it wasn't my fault...it wasn't my fault! I don't want to remember, I...I refuse to!" You wailed. L/n's teeth grinded together in aggravation and they sneered at you.

"That attitude will cost you everything you have. You've been warned, Y/n."

"Y/n?" You sucked in a sharp breath and whipped your head to meet Astro's questioning gaze as he appeared by your side. You cried out in surprise and nearly fell off the roof. Luckily for you, Astro's quick reflexes saved you from a nasty fall. "Woah, that was a close one." He said in a jokingly manner as he pulled you up.

You laughed and jumped up to your feet.

"Yeah, so how did you sleep?" You asked. Astro hummed in thought and scratched the back of his head.

"Alright, I guess. I still feel a bit tired though." He admitted. You blinked curiously at him and cocked your head to the side. Perhaps he was still tired from everything that's happened.

"Well, I suppose you've been through a lot." You mentioned. You then turned your gaze towards the city and a forlorn look crossed your face. "Actually, I also have been-"

"Toby! It's time for school!" Tenma called out to him from the living room window. Astro jumped in surprise and looked down at him.

"O-oh yeah, coming! We should get going." He said and turned towards you with a smile. Your eyes widened ever so slightly. Just seeing his smile was reassuring enough for you, and you knew everything was going to be alright. You returned his smile and nodded in agreement.