An Undeniable Love

Your shoes scraped against the ground as you skipped towards the school with Astro and Cora following behind you. Astro was going to join you when Cora's comment made him think otherwise.

"I'll start calling you nerd if you even think about skipping along with them like a school girl." Cora deadpanned. Astro gave her a lopsided grin and held himself back. You looked back at the pair and smiled.

"Come on, guys. We'll never get there at this rate. Get a move on!" You exclaimed. Astro grinned at you and jogged up to you, leaving Cora in the dust. Cora frowned as the two of you ran forwards, leaving her behind. She then clenched her fists tightly and tore her gaze away from the two of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cora tapped the tip of her pen against her cheek as you and Astro talked to one another. She watched as he laughed at something you had said and frowned. 'Theyre having way too much fun.' She thought bitterly to herself. She then leaned forwards and buried her face into her arms. She knew there was nothing between the two of you, but she couldn't help feeling this way. Ever since you had come to the school, she's felt....

Her thoughts were cut off when the door leading into the classroom opened, disrupting the class. Astro looked up and his eyes widened when Dr Elephan appeared at the door. The half bald scientist gave him a small smile and waved him over.

You looked at the man curiously as Astro slowly slid out of his seat. He then gave his teacher a quick glance, who nodded in understanding. Astro smiled at him and turned back towards you.

"I'll see you after school. Something came up." He said. You nodded and smiled at him.

"Okay, see ya!" You exclaimed and waved at him as he ran out of the classroom and met up with Tenma's assistant. Cora bit the inside of her cheek and glanced at you. You leaned back in your seat and drummed your fingers along the desk. You then felt Cora's eyes on you and turned towards her with a small smile. Cora whipped her head in the other direction, making you falter slightly. What was up with her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You leaned over the railing of the roof and took in the fresh air with your arms spread out beside you.

"Ahhhhh, doesn't this feel nice? The air smells great and the wind feels cool to the touch too." You breathed. Cora raised an eyebrow at you and glanced up at the dark rain clouds in the sky.

"Uh, sure." You turned towards her and grinned.

"Say, let's do something."

"Like what?" You gripped the hem of your shirt and looked around you. You then turned towards the kids playing in the fields below you and smiled.

"Let's play soccer! Zane told me all about it." You stated. Cora pulled a face at the suggestion and shook her head.

"Nah, I don't feel like doing anything." She admitted. You stuck your lower lip out into a pout and slumped.

"Aw, you're no fun. I wish Astro was here...." You trailed off. Cora grinded her teeth together in frustration and sneered at you.

"Oh is that right? I bet you wished you could do so much more with him too." She snapped. You furrowed your brows in confusion.

"Huh?"

"Oh don't give me that! I've seen the way the two of you act towards each other. Something happened yesterday, didn't it?" She accused. Your eyes widened at her accusation.

"Huh!? W-what are you talking about? Nothing happened." You defended yourself and shuffled towards the railings, attempting to create some distance between you and the angry wrench-throwing psycho. 'She isn't going to throw a wrench at me, is she?' You silently prayed she wouldn't.