Chapter 3

The Red Head with a Bed head

Next morning, I woke up before the sun. As usual, but the difference was her. A beauty in my bed. I smiled as I walked towards my room and pulled my sweats, hoodies and joggers. I need to go for a run and clear my head.

She is in my head no doubts about that. I turned on the music which blasted through my headphones as I picked up my usual route for morning run.

After a while I decided to sit and relax on a bench in the park. All I can see was her and I have no idea how I can stop that. She had become my reality right now. And I cannot be sure if I really starting to like that reality or not. If I can relate myself with it. Right now, I only know that I have a guest to treat and I am going to treat her well.

When I entered my house, it was deathly silent. She wasn't awake yet I think. I walked towards my room and took a warm shower. Then I decided to cook something for her. I don't know what she will like to have so, I crossed my fingers and made some eggs, bacon and pancakes. Maybe she will like some of these or she will like nothing.

As the clock stuck seven, I heard footsteps coming out of my room. There she is with her bedhead. Her red hairs flying everywhere. And there is no controlling it. She looked angry for some reason. Well I hope that reason is not me. Miss Morgan's early morning wrath is something I cannot handle. I do not wish to see her angry right now. She is very much angry right now.

"You... Why on earth I have to end up with you?" She asked. "I don't know probably because you needed to let yourself a little loose. I don't know what reason it was, but you were the one who agreed, and I am not the person who forces my will on unsuspecting persons.

But then again, I think you have something against me Miss. You don't seem to believe over anything I say. So, I won't try and make you understand." I turned around and switched off the stove.

"Where are my clothes?" She asked. "At the table beside the Couch. Washed and folded. You can have them, once you are done with your breakfast" She eyed me suspiciously. "As I told you Miss, I don't take advantage of unsuspecting persons. I am not like that and besides you are my guest. It is my duty to see that you are treated well as long as you are under my roof."

She settled down on one of the chairs. "Do you have a hangover?" I asked. "I don't remember doing anything. What I did last night?" She asked looking at me. And I passed her some pills and a glass of water.

"Here" "Thank you, I don't know your name." I chuckled. I was one of the faces which was so easy to be forgotten. It was not her fault. Nor it was mine. I always had lived a solitary life. But past two years I have gotten my family back.

"It's ok Miss, no one knows me or my name. I think I have one of those faces that everyone can forget so easily." I said. She looked at me as she took tyananol and drank the water I kept for her. Good this will help her. "I didn't, I remembered you." My breath hitched hearing her voice. She remembered me. She really did. Was it why she was hostile towards me?

Maybe yes, maybe that is why she was trying to avoid me because I remember her too, "And I knew you were trouble when I meet you for the first time." There she said it, now I know the cause of her resentment towards me. She thinks I am good for nothing. Wish she could know the real me. But it is good if she doesn't. Some secrets should be buried with me.

Some secrets are not worth telling in expense of my relationships. "Here, eat up. You must be famished." She took the fork and cut the pieces, eating them little by little until she is finished. "More?" I asked. She nodded. I smiled and prepared another plate for her. "Thank you. This is delicious, who cooked it? Do you have a maid who does this for you?" She asked.

I chuckled "No, hermosa, I don't. I cooked it myself." She stopped eating. I offended her somehow, I think. "Eat up" I urged. "you can cook very well, where did you..."

"No one taught me Miss, I learned myself. Because I didn't have any choice but to do it. Then it became a hobby and then my business empire." I don't want to go into details how It came to be. It is not something I wish to remember. It is in past something I buried underneath me.

"You are good, I haven't tasted this kind of meal in ages, no wonder you are successful." I laughed, "I don't cook Miss, I just do the balance sheets. I cook only for my family." I told her. "So why you cooked for me?" Because it felt like you could be my family in longer run. "Because you were my guest and you came here for the first time. If there is a next time then you can feel free to cook."

"I don't know how to. I mean I do, but I end up burning most of the things. I suppose my husband will be disappointed" She is married? But I don't see a ring on her finger. "Are you married? "I asked.

"no, I am not. I was telling this in reference to my future husband." But if I am your husband, I would be happy to cook for you rest of my life Miss Morgan, only that you will be called Mrs. King then, not Miss Morgan.

"This is delicious ummm..." "Samuel, you can call me Sam like everyone" I told her. "Samuel is good, I don't want to be like everyone" Trust me Miss Morgan you are not like everyone. You are unique and you are special. But alas only I can see that and only I can feel that.

She stood up and walked past me. "Leave them I will wash them later." She shook her head. "You cooked, it will only fair if I cleaned." I watched her as I finished my meal. She was well adjusted in the space of my house.

I can imagine her here all the time with me doing little things leaving her mark all over this place. Can I expect the normalcy for me too? Have a wife and children running around this empty space?

I don't know if I can. I heard the door opened and she came out wearing the red dress from last night. She looked beautiful. And I didn't even dare to ask for her name. I cannot because I know somehow, I might just offend her. I do not wish to offend her. "Thank you for the meal it was lovely." "Thank you for your company, at least last night I wasn't lonely."

Her beautiful blue eyes looked into mine searching for something. "What should I call you?" I asked. Other than Doctor Morgan? "Iris" She whispered. "Iris, like the rainbow" I whispered only for her to hear.

She shivered a little. All I wanted to do was to hold her to me. But she wasn't mine. It would not be right for me to do so, until she is really mine.

"I will miss you Iris, beside me." I told her. "I will miss you too Samuel" She whispered back. Then she did something I didn't expected her to do. She kissed me. Not just on cheek, but on my lips. I pulled her close before responding to the earth-shattering kiss she just started. All I can feel is the taste of her sweet lips.

She pulled back and I wanted more of her, I wantedall of her. Nothing else matters. Just her. "Goodbye Samuel. I hope you find acure for your loneliness." I just did,you are the cure for my loneliness, and I will make sure that the cure remains withme. Forever.

Word Count: 1416 Words