Chapter 20

The New Beginnings

I woke up and find my bed empty. I smiled at my foolishness. But if it was a dream then it was the most beautiful dream ever. I saw the bandage and it was fresh. Someone did change it last night. That mean it wasn't a dream. 

What I had felt was very real and because it was real, I think I might just have run out of luck. What were you thinking letting her in like that? She can ruin you.

I think she already had ruined me after last night I might just have become addicted with her everything.

I walked out to cook myself a little something when I smell this wonderful aroma. I walked right in and find a fine surprise waiting for me. Miss Morgan was working in the kitchen cooking breakfast. She heard my footsteps and turned around. "You shouldn't be waking up just yet. I left you there sleeping for a reason." She said.

"When you live alone Miss Morgan, you learn to value your time quite a little more than usual." "Let me check you up" She told me making me sit down on the chair. She took out her equipment and begin examining me. I think I could us a little bit of pampering. "You seem to be fine. There is nothing to be worried about. Not anymore."

I held her hand and stroked her hairs. "And, how are you?" I asked. "I am good." "Are you sure?" I inquired. "Not much, you don't have to worry. I am a doctor remember I can take care of myself. But you cannot. I need to change that dressing on you..." I kissed her heard.

"I think I am alright Miss Morgan because you are hear and you were right you are my dreamcatcher that was one of the best sleeps I had in years. Thank you for this." She smiled. "I am glad I could be of some help. Now. I think after breakfast I should leave for my rounds and don't forget to check the report, I have got for you last night."

"I don't think I want to let go of you just yet baby," I pulled her into my lap. "Last night you had took care of me. I want to do the same for you" "But you don't have to, I might want to take care of you because you still are sick and you need to be on the bed rest." Only if ... "Only if you stay with me. I am sick and I need more assistance Miss Morgan and you happen to be luckily my assistance, my very personal one."

She kissed my cheek and placed a plate in front of me. "Here eat up" "Thank you, aren't you are going to eat?" I asked her. "You eat first, then you need to take your medicine. And then you need to rest." She told me. 

"You need to rest to; you need to regain your strength. I have a preposition why don't you come and rest with me after we had breakfast. I will call the hospital and tell them to call if there is an emergency and they can call you" I told her. She thought for a little while and then nodded. Finally, I and her agree on something.

I heard some noise coming from the living room. I was fast asleep until now. But something must be wrong that had woken me up. I saw the space next to me was empty when I remember clearly that she was gone sleep next to me.

 I walked out and saw her in the living room singing softly. Her voice is melodious, no wonder children love to be around her so much. I stop and listen as she sang and danced around the room tiding it up. I need to clean up sometime so that she doesn't have to.

She stopped as she looked at me. I walked towards her as she looked down shyly. She is awfully shy today. Maybe it is because we are closer than before. Maybe she is feeling shy because what happen last night. "Hey beautiful" I touched her cheek.

 "You have a beautiful voice, why did you stop?" I asked. "I was just humming it's nothing." "You looked really happy back their baby, and that is something at least for me. It was not every day I saw you this happy" I told her.