Chapter 11

Mother' s AdviceI walked towards my mother clearly not happy about her argument with Iris, she shouldn't have said all she had said. "Mother, it's a very pleasant surprise I thought you will not make it." "You did, didn't you? I had wondered if you would like the surprise specially when Rosa had told me you had company and then I saw her." She told me distastefully "Her name is Iris Mother, and she is..." "another reason why I left. Because her mother had broken my family apart."

"What? You must be Joking, mom she is a doctor, she saves life, she treats critically ill patients freely and you are telling me that my Iris was the reason I haven't gotten love of my mother all those years? I missed all my sister's firsts because of her? ""Yes Samuel, it is harsh I know, but it is only truth I am afraid." She told me. "Mom, just because it looks that way, it is not the only truth, you don't know her like I do." I reasoned.

"Yes, Son I know. I have seen her since the she was born. I know her inside out. I don't know about her before you ever started to understand how to judge people. That is why I am telling you Son; this girl is anything but good news." She had a warning in her tone. But somehow, I believed that Iris was not like everyone trying to portray her to be. I don't think that she deserves so much hate from everyone around her.

"Mom she is not like that, trust me. What she was in past is her past. She is not responsible directly for that. You cannot blame her for something her mother did." My mother looked at me lovingly. "I know Samuel, you wish to believe that the girl you fell for is flawless but she is not flawless. Everyone has a dark secret and she does too. Understand this, I am your mother. I don't want to take your happiness away son. As a mother I can only advice you to stay cautious."

I held her hand and said "I know Mom, you don't want me to get hurt. But as you said everyone has a dark secret, I have one too. But that doesn't mean because if it you cannot trust me? Is it then why same thing is not applicable with her? Tell me mother why you resent her so much? I though you will be happy for me that finally I have found someone worth my time. But no, you cannot be happy for me can you?"

"Son, listen to me, as I said that I would be happy no matter who you chose maybe because I don't know them. But her I know; I know her family very well. And because I know how her mother was, I wanted to warn you about her true intention. I know exactly what you have been through because of your father and I do not want to suffer in hands of the one you loved ones once again son. You cannot blame me for being cautious." She said.

"I know mom, but don't I have the right to make some mistakes and learn from them? At least I am trying after all these years isn't it should be enough for you all? Tell me mom, why are you restricting me and not giving me opportunity to figuring it out myself?" I asked. 

"Because our family is cursed son, we never actually had gotten success in our love stories. You sister barely able to salvage her relationship with Ezra, I do not wish for you to suffer too soon." I smiled at her words. Only if she knew how much I am suffering since they have left. If only she knew I never meant to find happiness and Iris is for me is like a miracle happening. I cannot let her go just yet.

"Mom you don't have to be afraid about me being hurt, if that is what going to happen at last with me, then be it. But let me take my chance. Let me figure things out a bit. Let me handle it my way. I can handle this Mom, trust me a bit. And if it really goes down badly, it will be my fault, I wanted to take that leap. But at least mom, I would have taken that leap and didn't stopped myself thinking about lots and lots of what ifs." I told her.