Chapter 34

And All Goes Downhill

My eyes opened and I didn't find her by my side. However, I heard her voice whispering to someone. I pulled on my robe and walked towards the door. She was talking to someone thought I don't know who. As I made my way towards her the argument got heated and then it stopped all of a sudden. I saw her closing the door and then walking towards the bed room. Her eyes met mine and she gasped frightened for some reason.

I don't know what I did make her this much afraid of me but it wasn't my intention to hurt her anyway. "You are awake?" She asked clearly assessing the situation, clearly. I touched her cheek, "You seems worried love is everything under control?" I asked. "Yes, everything is just fine." She told me. But her tone was not very much satisfactory. But I didn't let it phase me after all I have given her a lot to think about.

"Sam, I need to tell you something, it is very much important that you know this." I nodded. "You know you can tell anything don't you love?" I asked. "I know Sam but please promise me you will listen to me and not judge before I complete the things, I am going to tell you now." I nodded. "Let's just sit here ok hermosa? And then we can talk ok baby?" "Alright" She said as I laid her to the room.

My phone was ringing again and again. I wonder what had happened now. I picked up the phone and it was my sister. "What happened hermana? Is April alright?" She started to cry, I don't know what had gone wrong. I heard someone taking the phone from her hand.

"Sam, it's Ezra April is missing from here. And that too after she had woken up. Everything was fine, but suddenly someone took April by force. We didn't know who could have done that, please come back, I cannot handle Rosa and the case alone."

April? No not my little April. "I am coming back," I said cutting the call. I didn't said anything but rushed to the bathroom and got dressed. "Are you leaving?" Iris asked me. "Yes, I have to," I told her. "What about..." "Talk can wait April is in trouble I need to return home." She nodded and swiftly got dressed and held my arm. "I am coming too" "Alright then."

As we approached airport the phone rang again. This time it was Lucian. "Yes Night, what is it?" I asked. "I know I am worried about the little one too, but now there is something else too that is a matter of concern for everyone here. Your company's share rate is toppling down and in spite of good performance all of our business is suffering losses Ezra, yours and mine. I think all of this have to be related somehow."

I don't care about business; I just care about my little niece to be come back home safe and sound. "I see, but my first concern is April." Lucian shied. "I understand. In that case I will wait till you come back there is something vital you need to see." With that said he cut the call.

I wonder what is he talking about. "Is everything alright with Lucian?" She asked. "Yes, very fine he was worried about April too." She nodded, no need for her get concerned over petty things such as my fortune.

My phone rang again after we were inbounded towards New York City. "Katie? What is it now?" I asked. "The workers had stopped working at the recent construction site of our hotel and there few of the restaurants had been closed because suddenly someone classified them as a food safety hazard. There had been few accidents in the hotel pool so the guests have been checking out a lot. It is out of control Sam; I so don't know what to do."

I clench my palm tightly. Not again and after I worked so hard to try and control all the situation that was present in hand. I don't know what to do anymore. "Katie, please just handle the situation until I am here." I asked her.

"I am trying, but they are demanding to see you, Please just hurry I don't know how long I can keep this angry mob out." "Alright, arrange a conference with departmental heads, I need to know what is wrong with my management and that too when everything was going so well." I said. "I understand, I will have everything ready when you reach here Sir."

I looked out of the window thinking how everything started to go downhill even after I tried to keep it together after all this time still, I am not able to control all those factors that could have harm me in the long run and I am really not very much effective in managing my own empire. I felt someone holding my hand.

I looked into her beautiful eyes. "Sam, I know you are worried about April. She will be alright I know she will." She told me. "Thank you, for being here with me. I feel relieved that you are here with me no matter what." I told her. "I will be there for you always." She promised. "And I will for you too," I told her pulling her closer to me.

Everything is changing in my life but I know one thing, this love we have will remain the same. Always. I slowly brushed my finger on her ring finger playing with the ring she was wearing. She knew I was nervous and right now it feels like my nervousness is affecting her. "Sam, you need to get rest for a while. It still will take time to reach home. Getting nervous will only add up to your anxiety, that is never a good thing." She said.

"I know but I cannot help it, my little princess is in trouble and I am here doing nothing to help her. I promised my sister that I will protect her at all cost and now I have failed. If only I had been there, if only I would have been concentrating on fulfilling my promise, then maybe this whole ordeal would have never been happened." She smiled.

"Don't blame yourself Sam. It is no reason to cry over spilled milk. It was no one's fault. And beside I know all of them are doing what they can, and that she will be alright, we too will look for her when we reach there, I will help you too Sam I promise."

Wait when did I told her about the disappearance, I never did mention about her disappearance, have I? She laid me towards the cabin on the back of the plane. Then she made me lie down on the bed.

"There, now rest for a while. You still are in recovering phase, you need to get sleep as much as you can and here is your medicine you need to take also, I need to change the bandages on your hand." I wondered how can she remember so much about my schedule. I can just look at how efficient she is in everything. Doing all this and not breaking a sweat, she is just the right person to compliment me.

I kept on looking as she cleaned my wounds and bandaged them again. She is very good at this, no wonder she is a doctor and very popular with her patients. I looked at her. She looked at me and then said, "Cannot sleep still?" She asked, "No, I cannot get myself to sleep." I said. She placed my head on her lap.

"I can make you sleep. Like this sleeping in my lap will make you feel good" She doesn't know that being around her makes me feel good. She is the reason for my happiness right now she matters the most specially when now she is my wife. It doesn't matter if no one knows. I know and she knows and that doesn't matter .

"Close your eyes baby, I will make you sleep for a while you really need it." She whispered softly in my ear. She hummed something soft undistinguishable in my ear. But her soft voice was doing its magic and I slowly begin to relax, and my eyes begin to droop. "Sleep baby" She whispered kissing on top of my head. "Don't leave" I said opening my eyes. "I am not leaving Sam, when you wake up, I promise to be here right next to you"

I nodded and I looked at her. She again begins humming and slowly brushed her hand through my hairs if there is a paradise this is it. My eyes again begin to droop. And I don't know when I started to fall asleep, finally I relaxed and let myself enjoy the pleasure of being with her. I felt her lips touch mine and I smiled. I don't know whether it was real or just a dream, I guess it is only just my wish.

I heard someone calling my name and I opened my eyes, to look at the beautiful sight in front of my eyes. Her, smiling, her eyes sparking with true joy. "We are about to land Sam, we are almost home" Home her and mine and together we will be going to make it much more beautiful then ever it was. "Thank you, for waking me up." I said looking at her.

"I was here watching over you, how are you feeling now?" She asked. "Tired still but glad to be at home finally." I told her. "I know it is good to be back." She said holding my hand. "Thank you, for not giving up on me." I smiled "And thank you for understanding me when I cannot do that myself." Hope it be just like that. Always.

We put the seat belt on as we got just in the air space of new York city, The city shined beautiful beneath us as we got nearer I got more sure that, if we are together there is nothing we cannot ever overcome. And I have to say it is not bad not a bit.

"What are you wondering about?" I asked. "future, and I know it will be wonderful because it will be with you My love"

Word Count: 1752 Words