Chapter Two - The Entrance Exams

After getting the information about the Entrance Exams, Daken and X-23 were taken to the starting area. As they got there, they saw all the other applicants.

Daken: So this is our competition? I'm not impressed.

X-23: Nothing impresses you, does it?

Daken: Guess we'll see what their capable of. Otherwise this'll be easy for us. 

Without warning, the Entrance Exams began. X-23 and Daken unsheathed their claws and charged into the fake city. They began slashing through the robots like butter. 

Daken: Behind you! 

Daken then lunges at the two pointer robot and proceeds to cut it in half. X-23 then proceeds to cut through more robots. During the battle, she sees Kirishima fighting a group of robots. She sees a two pointer preparing to ambush him.

X-23: (He's going to get ambushed! I have to help him!)

X-23 began rushing towards Kirishima. Daken notices this as he cuts down a few robots.

Daken: LAURA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! 

X-23 lets out a roar as she lunges at the two pointer just as it was about to attack Kirishima. She then uses the claw on her foot to cut down the other robot. Kirishima was caught off guard by this. 

Kirishima: Whoa.....thanks!

The two stared at each other for a moment. The two began blushing awkwardly. X-23 then begins going after another group of robots. Eventually, X-23 and Daken spot the giant Zero Pointer coming their way.

X-23: It's so huge......

Daken: Then this means we have to retreat! Let's go! 

As Daken said that, the two began putting some distance between them and the Zero Pointer. As they did, they saw what looked like an applicant seemingly destroy the Zero Pointer. Both X-23 and Daken were caught off guard by this display of power.

X-23: What was that?

Daken: Either someone being very brave or very foolish. 

As this happened, the Entrance Exams were completed. Both X-23 and Daken were confident of their scores. Once they got home, they waited for their results to be mailed to them. In the meantime, the two trained with their father. X-23 couldn't stop thinking about Kirishima. There was something about him that lingered on her. Days later as they ate breakfast, Wolverine entered the kitchen holing two envelopes in his hands.

Wolverine: Looks like you two got your results. 

He handed the two their letters. X-23 was the first to open her letter. When she did, a device fell out of it and began playing a live recording featuring All Might.

All Might(Recording): HAHAHA! CONGRATULATIONS YOUNG LAURA KINNEY ON PASSING THE ENTRANCE EXAMS! YOU HAVE PASSED THE WRITTEN EXAM! AS FOR THE PRACTICAL EXAM, YOU WERE PLACED THIRD PLACE WITH 45 VILLAIN POINTS AND 15 RESCUE POINTS! YOU WILL BE PLACED IN CLASS 1-A! WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO MAKING YOU THE BEST HERO YOU CAN BE! AND REMEMBER YOUNG LAURA: GO BEYOND PLUS ULTRA! HAHAHA!

As the live recording ended, X-23 was at a loss of words. She snapped out of her trance like state by her father.

Wolverine: You did good kid. 

Daken then opened his letter. He gets the same device and plays the same live recording featuring All Might. 

All Might: Recording: HAHAHA! CONGRATULATIONS YOUNG AKIHIRO ON PASSING THE ENTRANCE EXAMS! YOU PASSED WITH ONE OF THE HIGHEST SCORES POSSIBLE ON THE WRITTEN EXAMS! YOU PLACED 1ST WITH 80 VILLAIN POINTS AND 20 RESCUE POINTS! OU WILL BE PLACED IN CLASS 1-A! WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO MAKING YOU THE BEST HERO YOU CAN BE! AND REMEMBER YOUNG AKIHIRO: GO BEYOND PLUS ULTRA! HAHAHA!

As the recording ended, Daken had little to no reaction except maybe a small smirk on his face. 

X-23: How did you get more Villain points than me? We were together nearly the whole time!

Daken: While you were off rescuing that Kirishima guy, I was picking up the pace and took down several three pointers that came my way.

Wolverine: Well either way, you both did well. I'm proud of you. 

After that, the two rested and prepared for their first day at UA. The next morning, X-23 and Daken got dressed in their school uniform and went to their classroom in UA. When they got in, they saw a few familiar faces. 

Kirishima: Hey! Glad you two made it!

X-23: Hey Kirishima!

Mina: Hey Akihiro! I heard you got the highest score on the Entrance Exams! 

Daken: It was nothing. Child's play really!

Kirishima: I really like that confidence! It's so manly!

As the four spoke, Daken was approached by Momo Yaoyorozu. 

Yaoyorozu: Greetings. I am Momo Yaoyorozu. A pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Without hesitation, Daken took Yaoyorozu's hand and kissed it. This caused Yaoyorozu to blush. 

Daken: Greetings Yaoyorozu. The pleasure is all mine. 

X-23 was puzzled by this display. She had never seen her brother act like this. He was usually cold and distant with most people. Kirishima then approached her.

Kirishima: Is he always like this?

Before X-23 could answer, Katsuki Bakugo angrily approaches Daken as he was chatting with Yaoyorozu.

Bakugo: HEY YOU! THINK YOU'RE BIG SHIT CAUSE YOU SCORED HIGHER THAN ME?! WELL YOU'RE NOTHING! YOU JUST GOT LUCKY! I'LL SHOW YOU WHO'S TOP DOG AROUND HERE!

Daken: Is that so? All I hear is barking. That must be all you're good for. 

That comment angered Bakugo. Before an altercation could be made, a voice calls out to the entire class.

Voice: If you're here to make friends, then pack up your stuff and leave. 

Hearing that confused the class. X-23 and Daken began sniffing for a fresh scent. Eventually, they all turned to see a man in a yellow sleeping bag.

Man: Welcome to UA's Hero Course: I'm Shota Aizawa, your teacher.

Aizawa then takes a sip from a nutritional drink and exits his sleeping bag. 

Aizawa: All right everyone, get set up. We're going to the training field.

As Aizawa said that, all of Class 1-A got dressed in their PE uniforms and made their way to the training field. Both X-23 and Daken were ready to make a good first impression on their teacher.