Chapter Eight - Declaration of War

Days after the attack on the USJ, X-23 and Daken resumed their Hero Studies with Class 1-A. As they entered the classroom, they noticed that Aizawa wasn't there.

Kirishima: Hey Laura!

X-23: Hello Kirishima. I see you haven't changed a bit?

Kirishima: You know it!

X-23 rolled her eyes with a smile on her face while Daken had no visible expression on his face. As X-23 took her seat next to Kirishima, they were joined by Daken followed by Yaoyorozu.

X-23: Where's Mr. Aizawa?

Yaoyorozu: I heard he was in the hospital. He was seriously injured during the fight against the Villains.

Kirishima: Too bad he doesn't have your healing factors!

Yaoyorozu: Laura, Akihiro told us you encountered some of your father's Villains. Is that true?

X-23: Yes. Kirishima and I fought with Sabertooth and Omega Red. If I'm not mistaken, you fought with Lady Deathstrike.

Yaoyorozu: Yes. We were very fortunate that your brother was with us. Who knows what she might've done to us.

X-23 recalled how she and Kirishima barely held their own against Sabertooth and Omega Red. It didn't surprise her that her brother was able to hold her own against Lady Deathstrike. But as they were discussing the events of the USJ, Aizawa entered the classroom covered in bandages.

Aizawa: Good morning everyone. Sorry I'm late.

Iida: MR. AIZAWA! I'M GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!

Aizawa: My well being is irrelevant right now. What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet.

As Aizawa said that, the class grew silent with anticipation. The only one who was indifferent about this was Daken.

Aizawa: The UA Sports Festival is coming up.

Upon hearing that, most of the class breathed a sigh of relief. Daken remained indifferent while Yaoyorozu brought up concerns.

Yaoyorozu: Is it wise to hold the Sports Festival when we just had a villain attack?

Aizawa: Your concerns are valid, but the festival was deemed too important to cancel. With that being said, tight security will be placed to ensure the safety of the class and everyone involved.

Yaoyorozu: I see. Thank you Mr. Aizawa.

Aizawa: The Sports Festival will be in too weeks. This will be an opportunity to show the world what you're made of. Make a good enough impression and you'll be asked to internship at a Pro Hero Agency.

After the announcement, class continued as usual. When class was ended, Class 1-A tried to exit UA, but were blocked by a large group of students.

X-23: What's going on?

Daken: It seems someone is trying to send a message.

As Hitoshi Shinso from the General Studies class made a declaration of war, Bakugo happily accepted. Then Neito Monoma from Class 1-B began talking down on the class.

Monoma: So this is the great Class 1-A? Looks like Hero standards have lowered if people like you are considered the top!

As Monoma continued talking down on Class 1-A, Daken stepped up.

Daken: I suggest you keep your mouth shut. If there's one thing I hate, it's people like you.

Monoma: People like me?

Daken: People who just don't know their place. If you even fought half the Villains I have, you would most certainly be dead.

Monoma scoffed off Daken's comments.

Monoma: Typical 1-A arrogance. Just because you're in the top class in UA, it doesn't make you any better than me.

Daken: But I am better than you. You're the type of person who likes to talk, but slithers away like a sniveling coward when faced with confrontation.

Daken then unsheathed his claws as a sign of force. While most of the other students backed away slightly, Monoma remained defiant.

Monoma: You must be the son of Wolverine. I always heard that he was a loose cannon. Guess it runs in the family.

Upon hearing that, X-23 became enraged at Monoma's words about Wolverine. She lunged at Monoma, but Kirishima restrained her.

X-23: You shut your fucking mouth! My father is more of a Hero then you'll ever be!

Kirishima: Laura no! It's not worth it!

Daken: Calm yourself Laura. This little bastard is no threat. There may be a threat among this lot, but I've yet to see it.

Daken then turned to Shinso.

Daken: You. Shinso correct?

Shinso: That's right.

Daken: As my classmate said, we accept your declaration of war. But whatever point you hope to make at the Sports Festival, it ends with me.

Shinso simply nodded his head as the pathway was cleared. The impression Daken made was unforgettable. As the class left UA, Kirishima spoke with X-23 about Daken's display.

Kirishima: Man your brother is an intense guy! And I thought Bakugo was confident!

X-23 was still silent. The insults thrown at her father deeply affected her.

Kirishima: Don't let what that guy said get to you! Your father is an awesome Hero!

X-23: Thank you Kirishima. You're a good friend.

X-23 then kissed Kirishima's cheek, causing him to blush.

Kirishima: I'll....I'll see you tomorrow!

X-23 smiled as she caught up with her brother.

X-23: Was that display necessary?

Daken: He needed to be put in his place. I'm surprised you're opposed to it after what was said about our father.

X-23: There''s better ways to go about it. You may have given Monoma ammo against our class.

Daken: Like I care what he has to say. But enough of that, now we must train for the Sports Festival.

X-23: Agreed. I need to blow some steam...

With that being said, X-23 and Daken returned home to begin preparing themselves for the Sports Festival. Both knew that there was a possibility that they would be facing one another. They both saw this as a challenge and were eager to accept.