Chapter Fifteen - Daken VS Bakugo

After a brief intermission, the Sports Festival continued onto the next match. Todoroki won a quick victory against Iida. As the next match was about to commence, Bakugo and Daken made their way to the arena. Present Mic soon announced the fight.

Present Mic(Intercom): WE GOT OURSELVES ONE HECK OF MATCH, FOLKS! FIRST WE HAVE THE FIRECRACKER OF CLASS 1-A KATSUKI BAKUGO! HIS OPPONENT IS CLASS 1-A'S FEROCIOUS CLAWED HERO AKIHIRO!

Bakugo and Daken exchanged no words with one another as Daken unsheathed his claws. At the stands, Class 1-A watched with anticipation.

Kaminari: This is gonna be one intense fight!

Mina: I wonder who's gonna win.

Back at the arena, Daken and Bakugo stared each other down. Present Mic soon began the fight.

Present Mic(Intercom): CLASH!

Without hesitation, Daken began charging at Bakugo. Bakugo then unleashes a small explosion towards Daken, but he dodges it.

Bakugo: You want to take this up close?! All right you clawed bastard! Let's take it up close!

As Daken gets close to Bakugo, Bakugo begins throwing explosive punches at Daken. Bakugo then grabs Daken by the head.

Bakugo: Let's see you heal from this!

Bakugo then unleashes a concentrated explosion onto Daken's face. Bakugo then kicks him away.

Bakugo: DIE!

Bakugo then unleashes a large and powerful explosion onto Daken. Soon enough, Daken disappeared into the smoke. For a brief moment, it seemed like Bakugo had won an overwhelming victory against Daken. But when the smoke cleared, Daken remained standing with serious burns on his skin which proceed to heal.

Daken: That tickled.

Bakugo: You son of a bitch!

Bakugo then proceeds to use his Explosion Quirk to launch several explosions at Daken, but he easily tanks them without much problem. The students of Class 1-A watched in awe of the stands at how Daken was able to tank these attacks.

Midoriya: So Akihiro's healing factor hold up against Kacchan's Quirk. I wonder how much it can take.....

Midoriya intently watched the fight as Daken continued to tank Bakugo's attacks. X-23 watched with interest as her brother fought one of arguably one of the strongest students in Class 1-A.

Kirishima: Man your brother sure is tough!

X-23: He's playing with Bakugo.

Upon hearing that, most of Class 1-A was in a state of shock.

Yaoyorozu: You mean he's not taking this fight seriously?

X-23: Pretty much. He could've ended the fight the second it started. The only reason this fight is lasting this long is because he wants to see if Bakugo could give him a challenge.

Iida: How could one engage in such an undignified fashion?! It's unbecoming of a Hero!

X-23: I'm just waiting to see when Akihiro gets tired and ends the fight. I imagine it'll be soon.

Back in the fight, Daken continued to play with Bakugo as he slashes at him with his claws. As the fight dragged on, Daken unsheathed his claws and began beating him down.

Daken: You disappoint me, Bakugo. I expected more. It seems you're all bark and no bite.

At that point, Bakugo was enraged. With a growl, Bakugo grabs Daken by the face an unloads an explosion on his face.

Bakugo: I'LL SHOW YOU ALL BARK AND NO BITE! DIE, YOU BASTARD!

Bakugo then unleashes his Howitzer Impact Super Move in which engulfed Daken in a huge explosion. The impact of the explosion shook the arena itself. Bakugo then smirked at the destruction, but his smile soon fell as he saw Daken standing. Parts of his clothes were scorched and his face was severely burned, revealing parts of his skull.

Daken: Interesting. Is that all you got?

Without hesitation, Daken lunged at Bakugo and stuck his claws in Bakugo's shoulders. Bakugo then lets out a pained scream that echoed throughout the arena. Daken then lifts up Bakugo with his claws and kicks him off the stage, eliminating him.

Midnight: BAKUGO IS ELIMINATED! AKIHIRO WINS!

Present Mic(Intercom): WHAT A MATCH, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! AKIHIRO CONTINUES HIS DOMINATING STREAK! CAN HE KEEP IT UP OR IS HIS LUCK BOUND TO RUN OUT!

Daken watched as Bakugo was carried out on a stretcher. When he returned to the stands where his classmates were, they were all silent. Daken then turned his attention to Todoroki.

Daken: I hope you put up a better fight than Bakugo.

Todoroki simply glared at Daken. As Daken turned to the rest of the class, the majority of them were afraid of him.

Iida: C....congratulations on your victory, Akihiro!

Ochaco: Are....are you okay, Akihiro? You....you took some pretty nasty hits from Bakugo?

Daken: Those were nothing more than minor annoyances.

Kaminari: Minor annoyances?! Dude! Bakugo blew off half your face! I'm pretty sure I saw parts of your skull!

Daken: I'll admit, Bakugo put up a halfway decent fight, but it got old quickly.

Upon hearing this, Kaminari grew even more scared of him. Daken however paid it no mind as he sat down as if nothing had happened. With that, the final match of the Sports Festival was decided. Daken would face off against Todoroki. Both had displayed a dominating streak throughout the Sports Festival. Now it would come down before Daken and Todoroki. Both seemed unstoppable as both had impressive Quirks and used them to utterly dominate their opponents. Todoroki was an unstoppable force while Daken was an immovable object. It became clear to everyone that the fight between Daken and Todoroki would be a battle unlike any battle they've seen so far.