Chapter Four - Battle Trials

After completing their first day of UA, X-23 and Daken returned to UA to continue their Hero studies. As Aizawa gave a lesson, All Might entered the room.

All Might: I AM HERE!

All Might's presence excited everyone in the classroom. X-23 wasn't visible in her excitement while Daken paid it no mind.

All Might: WALKING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!

As excitement gripped the class, All Might made an announcement.

All Might: HELLO FUTURE HEROES, I WILL BE TEACHING YOU FOR THE DAY! NOW GET YOUR HERO COSTUMES ON AND MEET ME AT THE TRAINING GROUNDS!

As All Might said that, everyone got in their Hero costumes and got in the training field. X-23's costume was simply a black tank top and black jeans. Daken's was a darker version of Wolverine's costume minus the headgear.

Kirishima: Whoa! Nice costumes guys!

Daken was unimpressed by everyone else's costumes. After that, All Might informed what the lesson was gonna be about. It was a battle trial in which the students were to be divided into 2 man teams: a Heroes vs Villains scenario. The heroes had to disarm a fake bomb and and/or capture the villain team. The villains had to stop the hero until a time limit. X-23 was placed on the Villain Team with Daken. They would be going against the Hero team of Yaoyorozu and Kirishima. When they set up the bomb, Daken and X-23 set up a plan.

Daken: They'll no doubt try to separate us. It won't work.

X-23: So what do you suggest brother?

Daken: We take their plan and turn it against them. We'll separate them and take them down. Their Quirks should be ineffective against us.

X-23: I'll take Kirishima and you'll take Yaoyorozu.

Daken: Agreed.

After planning, the Hero team were released. As Kirishima and Yaoyorozu moved through the building, they began searching for the bomb.

Yaoyorozu: It's too quiet....keep watch Kirishima.

Kirishima: Got it Momo!

Suddenly, they were confronted by X-23 and Daken. They unsheathed their claws as X-23 began leading Kirishima away from the bomb while Daken and Yaoyorozu remained. Yaoyorozu then formed a Bo Staff using her Creation Quirk.

Daken: That staff won't do you any good. If I were you, I'd give up. There's nothing your Quirk can do to counter mine.

Yaoyorozu: Perhaps. But a Hero never gives up!

Daken: Noble. Foolish but noble.

Daken then attacked Yaoyorozu with his claws. Yaoyorozu attempts to block the attacks, but the staff is cut through by the claws. Daken then slashes Yaoyorozu's arm. Yaoyorozu screams in pain as she kicks Daken away from her.

Daken: A well placed kick. But it won't be enough!

As Daken slowly paced towards her, Yaoyorozu formed two swords and began slashing at Daken. The cuts on Daken quickly heal.

Daken: Did you really think that was going to work?

Yaoyorozu: (I'm hopelessly outmatched! Akihiro is playing with me....I have to get to the bomb!)

Yaoyorozu then makes a run for it while Daken gives chase. Meanwhile, Kirishima chases X-23 to the boiler room.

Kirishima: Gotcha!

X-23: It seems you have.

Kirishima then activates his Hardening Quirk while X-23 unsheathes her claws.

Kirishima: Guess we'll find out if my Quirk can handle yours! Good luck Laura!

X-23: You two!

X-23 began slashing at Kirishima with her claws. Kirishima's hardened state was able to tank her attacks. She continues to slash away at Kirishima, constantly keeping her on the defense.

Kirishima: Man you're unrelenting! That's pretty manly I'll give you that!

Kirishima then begins going on the offensive, but X-23 dodges his attacks. She lunges at him and begins slashing him. Meanwhile, Yaoyorozu reaches the bomb. Suddenly, she is tackled by Daken.

Daken: I'm impressed that you made it this far, but this is the end of the line!

As Yaoyorozu attacks, Daken begins overpowering her. Daken grabs her by the neck and slams her to the ground, taking her down. Meanwhile, X-23 gains the upper hand on Kirishima as his Quirk begins to weaken.

Kirishima: (Man this isn't good!) You're pretty tough Laura!

X-23: Don't hesitate yet Kirishima.

Eventually, Kirishima's Quirk gives out and reverts back to his normal state. X-23 then pins Kirishima in a headlock. Suddenly, an announcement was made.

All Might(Intercom): TIME HAS EXPIRED! THE VILLAIN TEAM WINS!

After that, both teams returned to the control room where All Might evaluated them.

All Might: CONGRATULATIONS YOUNG AKIHIRO AND LAURA! YOUR FATHER HAS TAUGHT YOU WELL! IT WAS LIKE SEEING WOLVERINE IN ACTION!

Daken paid it no mind as X-23 nodded in respect.

All Might: WITH THAT BEING SAID, THE MVP WAS YOUNG YAOYOROZU FOR HER FORMIDABLE PLANNING!

After that, the Battle Trials concluded. While heading outside to meet with her brother, she was stopped by Kirishima.

Kirishima: Hey Laura! That was a pretty sweet performance! Gave me a real run for my money!

X-23: Thank you Kirishima. You did good yourself.

Kirishima blushed at the compliment.

Kirishima: Wow...never thought I'd get a compliment from a pretty girl hehe!

X-23 was caught off guard by Kirishima's comments. She blushed a bit.

X-23: T...thanks. I should get going. See you tomorrow?

Kirishima: Of course!

After that, X-23 met up with Daken outside the UA building.

Daken: We should head home.

X-23: Right.

After that, X-23 and Daken walked home. As they did, they both reflected on their performances in the battle trials. While Daken saw his own skill surpassing his peers, X-23 saw this as an opportunity to grow despite her power and skill. Either way, both were confident of their skills.