Chapter Fourteen - Domination

As the Sports Festival Resumed, Todoroki scored a hard fought win against Midoriya. Though Todoroki was visibly shaken after the match. After that, Iida scored a quick victory against Shiozaki by using his Engine Quirk to push her out of bounds. After that, Daken and Tokoyami made their way to the ring. As they did, Present Mic announced the fight.

Present Mic(Intercom): ALL RIGHT FOLKS! HERE WE HAVE OUR NEXT MATCH! FIRST WE HAVE THE CLAWED HERO CLASS 1-A HIMSELF, AKIHIRO! AND HIS OPPONENT IS FELLOW 1-A CLASSMATE FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI!

Daken and Tokoyami were silent as they simply looked at each other. No words were spoken between the two as Present Mic announced the fight.

Present Mic(Intercom): CLASH!

As the fight began, Daken unsheathed his claws and began charging at Tokoyami. Tokoyami then summons Dark Shadow and sent him after Daken. Dark Shadow lands a punch on Daken which sends him flying back. Daken then plunges his claws into the ground to halt his fall. As he quickly recovers, Daken smirks.

Daken: Impressive, Tokoyami. Your Quirk is truly formidable. But brute force won't be enough to stop me.

Tokoyami: We shall see about that.

Tokoyami then sends Dark Shadow to attack Daken, but Daken easily dodges the attack and lunges at Tokoyami. Before Tokoyami could react, Daken was already on him and began beating him down.

Daken: Too easy.

Daken continues punching Tokoyami in the face until he throws him out of bounds. With that, the match was over.

Present Mic(Intercom): THAT WAS A DOMINATION OF A FIGHT! AKIHIRO SHOWED NO MERCY! HE WINNER OF THIS MATCH IS AKIHIRO.

At the stands, the students of Class 1-A was stunned at how fast Daken won the match. They were even more stunned that Daken had swiftly beat Tokoyami.

Yaoyorozu: I....I can't believe it! I didn't think Akihiro was that strong....

As Yaoyorozu was reflecting her failure against Tokoyami, both Daken and Tokoyami had entered the stands. An uneasy silence was heard as Daken paid no attention to the stares of his classmates. After that, Bakugo scored a quick victory against Kirishima by overwhelming him with his Explosion Quirk. As they got back to the stands, the next matches were decided.

Match #1: Tenya Iida VS Shoto Todoroki

Match #2: Akihiro VS Katsuki Bakugo

At that point, Daken was approached by Bakugo. Daken retained his calm and cold demeanor.

Bakugo: Just so we both know, I'm gonna win.

Daken: I wouldn't get ahead of myself. You saw how quickly I took down Tokoyami. Do you really think you'll fare any better?

Bakugo: Save your condescending bullshit to someone else! It won't work on me!

Daken: Very well, Bakugo. I'll have fun taking you down. Just try to make it entertaining for me.

Bakugo didn't take too kindly to Daken's words, but he decided to save his aggression for the fight. Todoroki observed the interaction between Daken and Bakugo with interest. Meanwhile, Kirishima was speaking to X-23.

Kirishima: Aw man! That sucks! I was hoping to take down your brother!

X-23: You did good to get this far. Don't forget that.

Kirishima smirked at X-23's words. Kirishima was still sore from his match with Bakugo. He then turned his gaze onto Daken. At the announcer's stand, Present Mic and Aizawa were talking about the next matches.

Present Mic: Looks like the next matches are gonna be crazy!

Aizawa: The match between Bakugo and Akihiro will certainly be something else.

Present Mic: You can say that again, Shota! Akihiro and Bakugo certainly not holding back! Todoroki too!

Aizawa: Akihiro's healing factor definitely gives him the advantage. Based on his performance so far, Akihiro just might be the most dangerous one.

At this point, it became clear that the next fights of the Sports Festival were going to be the most interesting. During the brief intermission, X-23 spoke with Daken.

X-23: It seems you've got some fierce competition in the next fights.

Daken: It would seem so, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not expecting anything special.

X-23: You really think so?

Daken: Bakugo is a mad dog who barks too much for his own good. Todoroki is holding himself back. Iida is simply too simple minded.

X-23 didn't care for how Daken was talking about the other students. She simply sighs and nods her head.

Daken: As for Kirishima, well he certainly is an odd one.

X-23: Kirishima is a nice guy. He may be a little boisterous, but he's got a kind heart. I can't fault him for that.

At this point, Daken was able to piece together that X-23 had feelings for Kirishima. He simply smirked at his sister, confusing her.

X-23: What are you smiling at?

Daken: You seem awfully fond of Kirishima. Is there something I should know?

X-23 began to blush with embarrassment as she tried to hide it, but Daken couldn't be fooled. He lets out a chuckle.

Daken: Oh what would father think?

X-23: Very funny, Daken. How about you focus on your fights instead of my personal life.

Daken: Very well, Laura.

At that point, Daken prepared himself for his fight against Bakugo. He was looking forward to seeing how Bakugo's Quirk would fare against Daken's Quirk as well as his healing factor. Despite this, Daken wasn't expecting much from this fight or any of his future fights. Meanwhile, X-23 would watch her brother's fights as well as reflect on her growing romantic feelings for Kirishima.