Chapter Eleven - An Inevitable Clash

As the Sports Festival began, X-23 and Daken were able to get through the first events of the Sports Festival without much difficulty. When they reached the final event, it would be a tournament of eight one on one matches. The matches were decided.

Match #1: Izuku Midoriya VS Hitoshi Shinso

Match #2: Shoto Todoroki VS Hanta Sero

Match #3: Denki Kaminari VS Ibara Shiozaki

Match #4: Tenya Iida VS Mei Hatsume

Match #5: Laura Kinney VS Akihiro

Match #6: Momo Yaoyorozu VS Fumikage Tokoyami

Match #7: Eijiro Kirishima VS Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Match #8: Ochaco Uraraka VS Katsuki Bakugo

Upon seeing that they would be fighting each other, the two siblings simply prepared for their fight. The tournament soon began with Midoriya scoring a decisive victory against Shinso followed by a quick victory from Todoroki against Shinso. Shiozaki then won against Kaminari due to his overusing his Quirk, leaving himself vulnerable. Iida then won due to Hatsume forfeiting after using the match as a commercial for her Support Items. Soon it was time for Daken's match with X-23. As the siblings went down to the arena, Kirishima spoke.

Kirishima: Good luck out there, you two!

X-23 smiled while Daken paid it no mind. As the two made their way to the arena, the other students were wondering what kind of fight it would be. Midoriya gave his predictions on how the fight would go down.

Midoriya: Both Laura and Akihiro's Quirks are made for short range combat. This fight is going to be up close and personal.

???: You're not wrong about that. But there's one thing you're leaving out, bub.

Midoriya and the rest of Class 1-A turned to see Wolverine wearing a leather jacket while smoking a cigar. Midoriya tried to keep himself from fanboying out.

Midoriya: What do you mean?

Wolverine: You're not taking into account of their healing factors. It's true that this fight is gonna be up close, but they won't be holding back.

Upon hearing this, most of the class were confused. They were aware of the lethal capabilities of their Quirks, but to hear this from Wolverine brought concern.

Mina: Not holding back? What do you mean by "not holding back"?

Wolverine: This fight is gonna be bloody. They won't be holding any punches.

Kirishima: You're not serious, right?

Wolverine: Dead serious, bub. They'll be hacking and slashing at each other without holding back.

Kirishima became deeply concerned for X-23. He knew that she could dish out damage, but he had never seen Daken fight.

Yaoyorozu: You said they had healing factors. What limits does it have?

Wolverine: They can take a serious beating. Fighting them head on won't do you any good. Trying to outlast them would be a bad idea.

As Wolverine was informing the students about the ins and outs of their Quirks, Midoriya took notes on them in his notebook. He looked to his classmates and wondered how they would fare against X-23 or Daken.

Midoriya: How do you think this fight will go down?

Wolverine: It could go either way. Akihiro is methodical in his approach to a fight. Laura is straightforward and aggressive. They're both strong in their own right. So trying to call this fight won't be easy. It'll come down to who slips up first.

At this point, the students of Class 1-A realized that this fight would be a long and bloody one. The students that would be participating in the tournament would pay close attention to the fight.

Wolverine: If you want my advice, pay close attention to this fight.

Yaoyorozu took a moment to think back on Daken's words. She knew full well that Daken would show no weakness in this fight or any of the others. Kirishima however thought about X-23 and how this fight would play out.

Kirishima: (Be careful Laura....)

Soon enough, X-23 and Daken made their way to the arena. They offered words to each other before the fight.

Daken: Looks like our clash was inevitable. I trust you won't hold back, sister.

X-23: Don't worry about me. I won't be holding back. I expect you to do the same.

As the two exchanged words, Present Mic announced the fight.

Present Mic(Intercom): WE GOT OURSELVES AN INTENSE FIGHT COMING YOUR WAY! OUR NEXT CONTESTANTS NEED NO INTRODUCTION! THEY ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE CLAWED HERO: WOLVERINE HIMSELF! IT'S BROTHER AGAINST SISTER! BOTH FROM CLASS 1-A, AKIHIRO AND LAURA KINNEY!

As Present Mic announced the fight, the crowd cheered loudly for the two students. X-23 and Daken kept their focus on one another. As the two stared each other down, they unsheathed their claws.

Present Mic(Intercom): LOOKS LIKE OUR CONTESTANTS ARE READY FOR A FIGHT! KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ARENA, FOLKS! THIS BATTLE IS GONNA BE INTENSE!

Soon enough, the crowd was ready for the fight. The students of Class 1-A were anxious to see this fight. Wolverine looked down below the area where his children were getting ready for their fight.

Wolverine: (All right, you two. This is it. Time to show the world what you two are made of.)

Wolverine would watch this fight with interest. He had no doubt that his son and daughter would give it their all.

Present Mic(Intercom): ALL RIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! IT'S TIME FOR A FIGHT! CLASH!

As the fight had begun, X-23 and Daken charged at each other with their claws. The fight between X-23 and Daken would commence.