Chapter Nine - A New Player

As the students of Class 1-A trains for the Sports Festival, Tomura Shigaraki and Kurogiri reflect on the failure of the USJ invasion at the bar in Hosu City.

Shigaraki: They cheated! The Nomu was supposed to kill All Might!

Kurogiri: It appears we underestimated our adversary's resolve.

As Kurogiri said that, Sabertooth along with Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike entered the bar.

Sabertooth: This your hideout? Huh. Not bad if I say so myself.

Shigaraki: I remember you lot. You all were at the USJ Facility. A shame you couldn't live up to your reputations.

Omega Red: Show some respect boy.

Shigaraki didn't take to kindly to Omega Red's tone. As he got up to confront them, Kurogiri intervened.

Kurogiri: Now now Tomura. There is no need for violence. Let us see what they have to say.

Shigaraki: Why are you here?

Lady Deathstrike: We are here to kill Wolverine.

Upon hearing this, Shigaraki became interested. While he knew about Wolverine's reputation as a Pro Hero, he wasn't too concerned about him.

Shigaraki: The Clawed Hero? He is of no concern to me. Why is he of concern to you?

Sabertooth: Let's just say the three of us have an axe to grind against him. Same with the boss too.

Shigaraki: Boss?

???: That would be me, Tomura Shigaraki.

As the voice called out to Shigaraki, both he and Kurogiri turned their entrance to large man with long white hair who wore a black trenchcoat. As he walked into the bar, Kurogiri recognized him.

Kurogiri: Romulus.

Shigaraki: Romulus? I heard stories about you. They say you're an immortal man with great power.

Romulus: Those stories are true. I have been around since the days of the Roman Empire. My power exceeds that of anyone else who has lived.

Shigaraki: Quite the bold statement. How do I know you can back it up.

Romulus then approached Shigaraki. Romulus towered over Shigaraki. He wore a smile on his face as he rolled up a sleeve on one of his arms.

Romulus: If I remember correctly, your Quirk allows you to disintegrate whatever you touch when all five fingers make contact with something. Perhaps a demonstration is in order.

As Romulus said that, he presented his arm to Shigaraki. Without hesitation, Shigaraki gripped Romulus's forearm with his hand. His Decay Quirk then activates and begins disintegrating the flesh on Romulus's forearm. Romulus showed no sign of pain. When it reaches the bone, Decay stopped.

Shigaraki: What the hell?

Shigaraki then lets go of the forearm which revealed only a metal bone. Romulus begins chuckling.

Romulus: Your power is impressive, but it will do nothing against me.

Romulus then raised his arm and it began regenerating what Shigaraki's Decay had destroyed. In a matter of moments, Romulus's arm had completely healed. Seeing this completely left Shigaraki speechless.

Kurogiri: Why are you here Romulus? What purpose do you serve?

Romulus: I know your master's plans. I know that he seeks to kill All Might.

Kurogiri: And what concern is that of yours?

Romulus: None. My concern is Wolverine. But I am willing to work with your League of Villains. All that I ask is that you don't stand in my way.

Shigaraki and Kurogiri agreed to those terms. Despite that, they were hesitant to trust Romulus. They knew full well that Romulus was operating out of self interest.

Shigaraki: Very well Romulus. We will keep in touch.

Romulus: I am glad we can come to an agreement. Rest assured that this alliance will be beneficial to both parties.

Shigaraki: We shall see about that.

Romulus and the others soon departed from the bar and into their hideout.

Omega Red: When do we kill Wolverine? I want him dead!

Romulus: Patience Omega Red. Wolverine will meet his fate in due time. Our....agent is watching our enemy's movements. Our time will come.

Lady Deathstrike: It best be soon Romulus. I have waited a long time to kill Wolverine for the dishonor he brought to me and my family.

Romulus Patience is a virtue, Lady Deathstrike. You will have your revenge. Now go. I must make preparations.

Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike then leave Romulus's side. Sabertooth remains.

Romulus: Is there something you need, Victor?

Sabertooth: You know those kids of his will put up a fight, right?

Romulus: Let me worry about Daken and X-23. They will be of no threat.

Sabertooth: You best be careful about these two. They might be runts like their old man, but they pack some serious punch. Maybe even more than him.

Romulus took that warning into account. He knew full well about the abilities of both X-23 and Daken.

Romulus: I am fully aware of what the children of Wolverine are capable of. But as I said before, they will be no threat.

Sabertooth wasn't fully satisfied with Romulus's answer, but he didn't care enough to fight it. To him, killing Wolverine was all that mattered. Sabertooth then left Romulus's side as Romulus began making his plans.

Romulus: The game has been set Wolverine. I hope you're ready for when I make my move.

Romulus then smiled to himself as he calmly walked to his hideout. A new player had presented itself in the form of Romulus. As the students of Class 1-A prepared for the Sports Festival, Romulus was setting his plans for Wolverine in motion.