Chapter 28

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Andre looked at her and stepped forward taking her hands in his.
"I was going to tell you yesterday over dinner. Then you got the news from Laurieann and I didn't want to say anything and steal your light."

Izzy eyes shifted from their hands together and peered up at him with a sigh.
"When you have the sweetest excuse, it's hard to get mad at you."

Andre's smirked.
"Why would you want to get mad at me?"

Izzy shrugged.
"Just for the sake of it."

"Wait, is this what you wanted to talk about?"

Izzy frowned.
"Yea, why?"

Andre scoffed and looked away from her before he looked back at her with a smile.
"You had me on edge."

"What did you think I wanted to talk about?"

"Something that would have broken my heart."

Izzy blinked and was silent for a while.

"Belle?"

"Yea, I just...I'm surprised that you're insecure about us."

Andre sighed and walked to the nearest couch with Izzy's hand still in his. He sat down and pulled her along so she fell into his lap. He wrapped his arms around her.
"Isabelle," That got her attention because Andre never called her by her full name before. "I love you, that would never change. I just have this fear that you would realize you are way too good for me and decide to leave."

Izzy felt her throat clog up.
"Andre..."

"It's a fact Belle," Andre said. "You are the most amazing person I've met and I'm the luckiest man to have you in my life."

"I'm lucky too."

Andre sighed.

"I am." She said. "I never thought I'd meet anyone I wanted in my life as much as I want you in it; it's almost scary. But I would never end things between us."

Andre smiled.
"Never say never, sweetheart."

Izzy rolled her eyes and Andre frowned.
"Did you just roll your eyes?" He asked.

"Yea, what are you going to do about it?" She smiled a daring smile.

Andre squinted his eyes before he flipped them over so she was on the couch and he was above her. Izzy burst out laughing as Andre tickled her.
"Please, no, stop."

"Please don't stop? No, keep going?" He asked as he kept tickling her.

"No, no. Please stop."

Andre stopped and just smiled as he watched her come back from her high.
"I love you." He said and all the humor drained from Izzy's face.

Andre leaned down and kissed her and the snuggled up on the couch.
"Do you have to be anywhere today?"

"No, why?

"Just need to know if I'll have you to myself for the rest of the day."

Izzy smiled.
"You will."

"Good." He said as he pulled her closer and tightened his grip around her a little more.

The silence engulfed them and it felt good to just be.

"When does rehearsal with Laurieann start?" Andre asked.

"Monday." Izzy said.

"So, you have the weekend to relax after the constant rehearsal for the show."