Chapter 39

Andre sat through another meeting listening to all their ideas on a new model for their latest tech-idea. Two people from each department were present because every department had to work together on the model and making sure the tech sees the day of light.

Paul came into the busy and boardroom and walked to the end of the table where Vincent spoke to Andre.

"Sir?" Paul interrupted their conversation.

Andre looked from Vincent to Paul.

"There a woman in the reception who's asking to see you."

"Does she have an appointment?"

"No, but she says you know her."

Andre had had a lot of women claiming to know him or Fred but had all ended up being untrue.
"Then tell her to go through the right channels."

"She said her name is Isabelle Ashton-Alli and goes by the name Belle."

Andre snapped his gaze at Paul. His heart jumped at the sound of her name. He could have sworn if he saw her a few weeks ago, he would have ignored her but just the sound of her name sent his heart pumping more blood through his veins. He guessed he wasn't as over her as he thought he was.
"Where is she?"

"Reception sir."

Andre nodded.
"Tell reception to send her up."

Paul nodded before he walked away.

Andre rounded up the meeting as quickly as he could before he excused himself and walked out of the boardroom towards his office. He approached Paul's desk and paused.

"Where is she?"

Paul gestured to the waiting room next to his office and Andre took a step back and walked towards the entrance of the waiting room.

Izzy stood in front of the floor to ceiling window, her back to the door. Andre leaned against the doorpost, one hand in his pocket, he took a moment to watch her, taking her presence in. It was hard for Izzy to ignore the little jump in her heart when Andre arrived. Her body sensed him and then her heart and her brain followed. Her entire body was tuned to him and she shook a little.

"The view is incredible." Izzy said.

Andre couldn't agree more as he watched her.
"It is."

Izzy took a deep breath before she turned around to face him and she was not prepared for what she saw. Andre in his element, all business, suit and all, more dashing than she remembered.

"Hi."

Andre blinked.
"Isabelle."

Izzy didn't like it when he said her name like that. She was so used to him calling her belle, hearing him call her by her full name seemed strange. Neither of them said a word after that and the silence thickened between them.

Andre cleared his throat and pulled away from the doorpost.
"What are you doing in Seattle?"

Izzy shrugged.
"I had to be here."

"Of course, you're here with Laurieann's team."

Izzy swallowed back the words. Of course, he would think that after what had happened.
"I had to come to see you."

"Taking a little time off your hectic schedule to come to see me is not demanded of you."

Izzy let out a quiet.
"I'm here to apologize." She took a small step forward, balancing on her injured leg so her limp wasn't obvious.

"You have nothing to apologize for."

"I do and we both know it, so let's not pretend," Izzy said. "I screwed up; the blame is all on me."