Chapter 9: The Family Gathering

(Reaper PoV)

It was hard to get to sleep that night, all I could thin about was Marius. This wasn't usual for me, and Osiris could tell something was wrong.

"Hey Elena, what's wrong?" Osiris asked. "You worrying about nothing Osiris, I just ... Can't sleep." I said back. "I know when you lying Elena, Your thinking about Marius aren't you." He said, he fucking knows everything doesn't he. "Yes Osiris." I said. "Do you want me to knock you out so you can sleep?" He asked. "No Osiris, please don't. Ill be fine." I say as I got up and decided to go to the gym. Once you arrive, you see that there is someone else there, drinking coffee.

"Hey Amigo, Can't sleep?" he said. I just nodded. "Ah, a silent one. Heh, just remember I'm here if you ever need to open up Amigo." He said whilst he left. I just grabbed some coffee and stayed there for a bit. Just me and my thoughts. I then decided to head back to my dorm, it was 2 AM. So I decided to sleep. When I could actually get to sleep.

I woke up and decided to go for a walk, I was about to leave base when I heard a "Hey reaper, Wait." It was a German. And I knew it was Marius. "Going for a walk?" I nodded. "Mind if I join?" he asked. I shook my head, so we walked around outside of base. We walked through the forest and we were quite far away from base.

"Hey Elena?" He said. "Yes Marius." I said back. "Can I you take you Balaclava off?" He asked. "Sure." I said whilst taking it off. I was wondering what he was planning.

We sat down near a river and I cuddled up to him. He put his hand on my shoulder, we just looked out into the wilderness.

"Its strange, staring out into the wilderness, its peaceful. Unlike our job." He said. "Its quite beautiful, and cute. Reminds me of you."

I didn't know how to respond. I just looked into his eyes, and slowly dragged him into a kiss. We stayed there for a bit. Once we ended, Marius just asked "Does this mean we are dating?" I just nodded. "Süss. (Sweet)" Was all he said.

We stayed there for a bit, till I remembered what Ela asked me last night, "Ela wants me to go to a family reunion. I don't know what to do." I said to Marius. "I'd go, you haven't seen then in a while, many of them are probably worried sick." He said. "They got told I had died, by my own father." I said, looking down at the ground. "Then I say its time to prove your dad wrong." He said. I thought about it for a while. And I decided to go. "Will you come with me?" I asked Marius. He looked at me. "If its ok with your sisters then yeah, ill come." He said. I just smiled at him. Then I looked at my watch, "Jesus its 1 PM, we have been here for 4 hours. Should we head back?" I asked Marius.

"Eh, why not. We might as well grab lunch when we get back." He said, we got up, I put my Balaclava back on, and walked back to base, holding hands. Once we got there, we grabbed lunch and sat with Ela, Therapist and Osiris.

"Hey you three." Marius said as he sat down. "Where have you two been?" Ela asked, smirking at me. "{Out in the woods outside of base.}" I said to Osiris. "They've been out of the base together." Osiris said. "Hey Ela, I've decided ill come to the family reunion, only if Marius can join us." I said to Ela. She looked really happy. And then started smirking again, "so you two a thing?" She asked. We both nodded, "Both of you have gone silent. Wow." Y/n said with a chuckle. "Anyway, Six has given me, Zofia and Y/n time off for the reunion. So tell six and I'm sure she will let you two tag along." I nodded and decided to text six

Me

Hey six, can me and Marius get some time off for a family reunion?

Six

How did you get this number Reaper?

Me

I'm a walking supercomputer six.