16. Alone

"He was a dangerous sin, wrapped in angelic eyes; it made my heart pound with distrust and my mind cloud with bewilderment."

My body grew heavy with the pain and the frustration

My body grew heavy with the pain and the frustration. Next thing I knew, I was laying on the couch, a thin blanket thrown over my form. The last thing I remembered was Yoongi trying to calm me down. I must have fell asleep shortly after my meltdown.

I stretched out, rubbing away the remnants of my sleep. Letting it all out had definitely lifted a heavy height from my shoulders. I decided I had to keep my emotions in check if I wanted to keep my sanity.

I sat up on my elbows; Yoongi was nowhere in sight. I figured he had left once I had fallen asleep.

I rolled over to grab my phone that was neatly placed on the coffee table, and unlocked it.

Taehyung: Faye, are you up?

I squinted, trying to focus on the words.

Me: Yeah, just woke up from a nap. What are you up to?

Taehyung: I'm thinking about you.

A subtle feeling of excitement pooled at my gut. No matter how much I tried to suffocate it, it wouldn't go away.

Me: What are you thinking?

Taehyung: I'm sorry we couldn't spend the day together.

Me: It's okay. We'll do it some other time.

Taehyung: It's not okay. I really wanted to be with you.

Me: I appreciate that.

I paused, hesitancy lingering on my mind.

Me: I really wanted it too

Taehyung: Hey, you know what?

Taehyung: Oh nevermind

Me: What is it?

Taehyung: It was stupid

Taehyung: Just forget about it

Me: Tell me

Taehyung: I was just about to ask if you'd like me to come pick you up and we could hang out at my place

Taehyung: But I realize it may not be a good time

Me: Why would you think that?

Taehyung: I just... I'm not feeling great

Taehyung: Maybe it would be for the better if we take a rain check on that too

My stomach tied in a knot. It was only texts but somehow he sounded really sad.