36. Innocent

"All is fair in love and war."

It's been five minutes

Five fucking minutes and I'm not sure if Jungkook is even breathing. He hasn't blinked even once, that's for sure. I'm not certain that's normal.

"Is he a mime?" Lucifer asked curiously, walking around the petrified Jungkook as if he were the center piece of a museum exhibition. "Is this some type of modern art performance? Humans nowadays, they're so fucking weird."

"I think he's just shocked." I explained dryly.

"He looks like an emoji." He widened his eyes, mimicking Jungkook's stupefied gaze.

"Cut the crap," I grumbled darkly. "I'm not going to fall for your charming manipulations."

He looked appalled.

"You think I want to manipulate my own spawn?"

"What a lovely way to refer to your only daughter." I retorted sardonically.

"You never said," he brushed the subject off nonchalantly, pointing at Jungkook with his chin. "Is he the lad you've been having naked cuddly time with?"

"Dad!" I hissed, glancing over at the traumatized Jungkook. "As a matter of fact, no, he's not."

He pressed a hand on his chest. "Geez, I'm relieved. Figured this much though. He reeks of virgin."

"Dad!" I said pointedly, scowling slightly.

"What? It's so rare nowadays he's like an extinct species. Like... like a four-leaf clover and a unicorn had a baby."

"DAD!!"

"What?" he asked, dumbfounded. "Am I embarrassing you by any chance?"

"I've had it with your witty comments," I sulked, folding my arms over my chest. "Why are you here?"

"To speak to a copyright lawyer regarding the devil emoji."

"DAD!!!!!!"

"Oh, yes," Lucifer said, wearing the expression of a man who had just remembered he left the stove on. "I'm here so that we could schedule your return to Hell."

I scoffed haughtily.

"Yeah, right."

"I'm serious, Faye. We need you there. I need you there."

"Oh okay, let me check my calendar," I said, my lips spread into a fake smile. "The seventh of never through the tenth of ain't-gonna-happen, how does that work for you?"

"Faye," my father said in his usual silky, temptingly persuading tone. "Are you really gonna act like a child about this?"

"I'm not a child!" I stomped my feet, pointing at the door frustratedly. "Now get out of my room! I mean, my apartment!"