30. Answers

"Did you miss me enough to drink? Or did you drink enough to miss me?"

It didn't take too long for me to realize it.

I was in some deep shit.

I dashed through the door, rushing into the overcrowded living room. Taehyung must have left immediately as he was nowhere in sight. My gaze instantly found Yoongi and Jimin sitting on the couch where I left them, shoving fistfuls of popcorn in their mouths.

"Get up, we're leaving." I almost spat as I towered over them.

"Wait, why?" Yoongi's brows pulled together as some popcorn fell out of his mouth. "I thought you and what's-his-face were patching things up."

"You asshole." My leg swung to kick him in the ankles and he jolted upwards, groaning from the pain. "We have to get out of here. Now."

"Really Faye, what's up?" Jimin asked with concern.

"What's up is this."

My fingers clutched on the edge of my sleeve as I pulled it up just a little bit to reveal the small area of red charred skin above my watch.

Jimin and Yoongi both gasped at the sight, quickly jumping to their feet.

"You're changing in your full devil form?" Jimin spoke quickly. "How is that possible? What is happening?"

"I don't know." I groaned.

"Can't you just... stop?" Yoongi asked, fingers raked in his hair.

"If I could I most probably would have, don't you think?" I shot back, my irritation flaring. "Let's get going before it spreads."

"Faye, what happened?" a worried Jungkook rushed over. "I saw Taehyung storm off."

"Nothing," I replied. "He still hates me."

"I'm so sorry, Faye. He's just overwhelmed. That's how he gets sometimes. Again, I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I told him. "You just wanted to help and in a way you did. You helped me come to terms with the reality which is that Taehyung doesn't want anything to do with me."

Jungkook rubbed my shoulder soothingly, taking notice of Yoongi and Jimin's tense faces. He then frowned.

"You guys leaving?"

"Yes, we're gonna go now, Kookie," I avoided his eyes. "Thanks for inviting us. Good night."

"Faye?" Jungkook's voice reached me just as we were about to step out.

"Yes, Kookie?"

"Am I gonna see you guys again?"

I sighed deeply. "Probably not."

The door shut behind us.

***

Growing more and more panicked by the second, I strode briskly through the parking lot towards Yoongi's SUV. He and Jimin sprinted after me, struggling to keep up with my pace.