V. New Loser on the Block

The hurt boy crouched along rocks of the stream, looking curiously towards the group of teens

The hurt boy crouched along rocks of the stream, looking curiously towards the group of teens. They all begin to run towards him, with a determination to help.

"Shit! What happened?" Alisa asks, looking to the boy with concern. "B-huh-Bowers." The boy replies, nearly passing out. "Guys, we've gotta help him." The worried girl says, looking over at all their faces. "We should?" Richie asks.

"Yeah!" Alisa helps the boy up, placing his arm around their shoulder as they slowly make their way over to the bikes. "H-He can ride with me." Bill suggests, earning a nod from the red-head.

They all begin to make their way to Keene's Drug Store, riding their bikes as fast as possible. "I think it's great that we're helping the new kid, but we also we need to think of our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys know that there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak, right?" Eddie continues to blabber as he did the entire way here.

"My mom's friend in New York got it by touching a dirty pole on the subway. And a drop of AIDS blood got into his system through a hangnail. A hangnail! And you can amputate legs and arms." Eddie still doesn't stop as the six of them pull up by an alleyway.

"But how do you amputate a waist? How do you amputate a waist?! You guys do know that alleys are known for dirty needles that have AIDS, right?" Eddie biked a little further then the group as Bill places his bike on the kick stand, as Stanley and Alisa do as well.

"Ah.. we're screwed." Bill says, looking around at the group. "Richie, Ally, wait here. Come on." Bill leads the others into the pharmacy. The red head sighs, calling out to Bill. "You can't just leave me with - -" She is cut off by the pharmacy door opening, Bill wouldn't hear her anymore.

"The trashmouth.." she finishes more quietly, sighing once again. "We need someone to keep an eye on Richie so he doesn't do something stupid and get punched in the face!" Eddie balls out before leaving. "I'd love to watch Richie get punched in the face!" Alisa shouts.

The three wait around awkwardly for a moment until the black haired boy speaks up. "Glad I got to meet you before you died." Richie looks down at the chubby boy, who's stomach was slashed with the letter H.

"What happened to you? Did Bowers do that?" Alisa asks, concerned. "Yeah. He was gonna carve his entire name, but I managed to get away in time." Ben sighs, licking his dry lips.

"I'm glad you're alright, Henry's a psychopath. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd kill someone." Alisa crouches down beside the boy, much to Richie's disapproval, who was jealous of Ben. The boy was getting an awful lot of attention.

"Hey, you have something on your shirt, sweetheart." Richie says, pouring over to the red head's black crop top. "Where?" She looks down, struggling to see the invisible stain on her shirt. After all, it was just a made up distraction.