XVII. Headaches and Heart breaks

"He's right

"He's right. I'm such a terrible sister." Alisa sighs, looking down to her shoes. "Don't listen to Bill, he's insane." Richie comforts her. "Guys, we have to follow him! He can get seriously hurt!" Beverly shouts.

"Beverly's right. And also, I need to find Amber." Alisa says, attempting to walk away from Richie, yet nearly falls back down. Richie runs up, catching her mid-fall, but she quickly gets back up and begins limping towards the bikes.

"I'm going. You guys don't have to come." She says, taking Richie's bike, struggling to get on, but manages after a while. "Hey! That's my bike!" Richie calls out as the girl begins riding away.

"Come on, Rich. You can ride with me. We've gotta catch those two." Eddie says, following Beverly.

•••••

Alisa rides close behind Bill, yet too slow to catch up. When Bill arrives, Alisa quickly drops her bike and limps over to the boy. "You expected better, and that's what you're getting." She says, catching her breath.

The two begin making their way up the steps, only to be stopped by a voice coming from behind them. "Bill! Ally!" Beverly shouts, coming to a stop and jumping off her bike. "Guys, you can't go in there. This is crazy!" The girl begins making her way into the front lawn, approaching the determined teens.

"Look, you don't have to come in with us. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Amber, Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us? Area you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't." Bill pauses, taking in a deep breath.

"I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. Amber and Georgie were the only light in our house, and now that light is gone. "They're clothes, they're toys, they're stupid stuffed animals, but they aren't there. So walking into this house, for me-" Alisa cuts in quickly. "For us." Bill nods and continues.

"It's easier than walking into our own." Bill says, taking the girl's hand and holding it proudly. The two turn back around, beginning to walk once again towards the nightmarish house. "Wow." Richie says in amazement.

"What?" Ben asks. "He didn't stutter once." He replies, beginning to follow behind the two, quickly followed by the other losers as well. "Wait!" Stanley  calls out, getting everyone's attention. "Um..shouldn't we have some people keep watch? You know, just in case something bad happens?" He asks, looking around at everyone.

"Who w-w-wants to stay out here?" Bill asks. All hands except Beverly, Bill, and Alisa's go up, disappointing the three. Richie puts his hand down, sighing.

"Fuck."

•••••

"Alright, So, Beverly is staying out h-h-here." Bill says, putting his hand down, motioning towards the girl. "What? Why!" She complains. "Look, I-I-I don't want you to get hurt." Beverly understands, nodding. She's happy that Bill cares so much about her, at least.