XVIII. Fuck Friendship

"You

"You. You did this." Mrs.Kaspbrak says, clutching onto Eddie's arm as she points at the others. "You know how delicate he is." She sneers, grabbing Eddie's neck and roughly pushing him through the crowd.

"We were attacked M-M-Mrs.K-" The woman turns around, cutting the boy off. "No. Don't!" She says, pushing Eddie into the car. "Don't try and blame anyone else."

"I'm sorry, Mrs.K, but can't you see how we look? We would never send Eddie into actual dan-"

"Don't say a word!" Sonia shouts, shuffling to find the right key, only to drop them all. "Let me help."
Beverly bends down, but the woman pushes her back. "Get back!" She snatches the keys, then gets up close to Beverly.

"Oh, I've heard of you, Miss Marsh. And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son." The woman sneers, then turns around back to the car. Bill, not taking the hint, speaks up once more. "Mrs.K, I s-s-"

"No! You are all monsters. All you. And Eddie is done with you. Do you hear? Done!" She concludes, getting into her car and driving away with a sad Eddie, sitting in the passenger seat.

After following the car for a moment, Bill turns back to the group as if nothing had happened, yet all their faces said otherwise. "I saw the well." He states. "W-W-We know where it is and next time we'll be better prepared." Somehow after all of this, he still manages to smile and stay determined.

Unfortunately for Bill, now was not the time for this attitude as no one here felt the same. "No!" Stanley cries out. "No next time, Bill! You're insane!"

"Why? We all know no one else is going to do anything." Beverly argues, defending the boy. "Eddie was nearly killed! And look at these motherfuckers. They're leaking Hamburger Helper!" Richie exclaims, motioning towards Ben and Alisa, who stood quietly.

"We can't pretend it isn't gonna go away. Ben, you said it yourself, it comes back ever 27 years." Beverly argues once again. She makes a point, but they were kids, and they wanted to have fun. "Fine! I'll be 40 and far away from here. I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town, too." Ben says, sighing.

"Because I wanna run towards something. Not away." Beverly states with confidence. "I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Richie says, earning a flip of the bird from Beverly. "Richie-" Alisa warns, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm just saying, let's face facts. Real world. Georgie and Amber are dead. Stop trying to get us killed, too." Richie shouts. "Hey! I don't appreciate you saying that, dumbass." Alisa snaps at him, raising her eyebrows. "You said it yourself, Ally! Amber is dead! What are you gonna fucking do!"

Alisa's eyes begin to tear up. It's true, she had said it, but did she want to believe it? No. Hearing Richie say it was much worse. "I can't believe you right now, Richie." She says, backing away from him, shaking her head. "Georgie and Amber are not dead!" Bill cuts in, walking up to the boy. "You couldn't save them, but you can still save yourself."

As Richie attempts to walk away, Bill blocks his way. "No, t-t-t-take it back. You're scared and we all are, but take it back!" Bill shoves Richie back, shocking the group. Richie fights back, pushing Bill, only be punched right in the face in return.

"Bill!" Beverly calls out. "Richie!" Alisa says at the same time. Alisa helps him up along with Stanley as they hold him back from attacking Bill once again. "You're just a bunch of losers! Fuck off!" He shouts.

"Richie, stop." Alisa struggles to hold him back, feeling pain course through her wrist. "You're just a bunch of losers and you'll get yourselves killed trying to catch a stupid clown!"

"Stop!" Beverly breaks the fight, earning the attention of everyone as they advert their eyes to the tall girl. Richie pushes himself off of Stanley, Mike, and Alisa, then looks to Beverly.

"This is what It wants. It wants to divide us. We were all together when we hurt It. That's why we're still alive!"

"Yeah? Well, I plan to keep it that way." Richie says, shoving past Beverly and bumping bill's shoulder. Stanley follows shortly behind. Hesitantly, but surely, Ben does too, then mike. "Mike."

"Guys.. I can't do this. My granddad was right. I'm an outsider. Gotta stay that way." He makes his way towards his bike. "Guys, I'm sorry, I really am. I'm in pain, and I have to go. Good luck." Alisa sighs, a single tear rolling down her cheek as she approaches mike, who agrees to give her a ride home.