VII. Quarry Quest

It's as if a force is ignited in Alisa's body, shocking her, and forcing her eyes open

It's as if a force is ignited in Alisa's body, shocking her, and forcing her eyes open. She wakes up with a loud gasp, awakening the poor boy who still had his arms wrapped around her.

Richie rubs his eyes in confusion as he takes in his surroundings. "Shit." He mutters, then looks down at the terrified girl. "You alright, Pippi?"

"Bad dream." She sighs, sitting up, much to Richie's disappointment. "You slept over. What about your parents? I'm sure they're worried." Alisa says in a raspy voice, getting up from the couch and getting a glass of water.

"They won't care, trust me." Richie gets up as well, wrapping his arm around her shoulder as she fills the glass. "Hey, just cause you slept over once, doesn't mean we're dating." Alisa says, removing his arm from around her and handing him a glass.

"Aww, i was kinda hoping we could g-" Alisa stops him, putting her hand up in front of his face. He stares at the dangling bracelets, his eyes nearly crossed. "I have a feeling I won't wanna hear that. Now come on, we were supposed to go to the quarry weren't we?"

••••••
The two arrive a little late, but making it right in time to catch the boys contemplating whether they should actually jump or not. "Hey, why are they all in their underwear?" Alisa asks, quite confused. She had come only thinking that they would be hanging out by the water, not actually swimming in it. "That's the plan, babe." Richie smirks, pulling down his pants and taking off his shirt as he quickly joins the others.

Alisa hesitantly approached, awkwardly intimidated by the group of boys in front of her. "Oh! Richie and Ally are here." Eddie exclaims, smiling. "S-sorry I didn't come get you, A-Ally. You weren't answering the door." Bill says, his blue eyes staring directly at the small red head.

"It's alright-"

"Yeah, Pippi Longstocking and I, here, were having such a great time we forgot about the quarry, isn't that right?" Richie nudges the girl's shoulder, much to her annoyance. "Yeah, Me and Mr. Glasses here had such a good time that I had to kill myself to make it even better." Alisa glares at him, then raises her eyebrows at the other boys, who just chuckle.

"Alright, wanna play loogie?" Eddie asks, motioning his arm towards the huge drop, a drop that quite frightened the red head. "That's disgusting-" but before Alisa could finish her sentence, Richie had already spat out a disgusting ball of snot and spit.

The others join in, who spit out in turn, yet none of them go as far as Richie. Once Eddie finishes terribly, Richie exclaims in joy. "Oh, my God, that was terrible. I win."

"Unless, Pippi here would like to give it a go." He winks, turning back to face the girl. "I'm good, carry on." She sends him a disgusted face and continues to stare down to the glistening water.