XI. Pippi Longstocking

"Hey, Pippi! Wake up! Bill's at the door

"Hey, Pippi! Wake up! Bill's at the door." Richie shakes the red head awake, who jolts up in the air at full speed, slamming her forehead into Richie's. The two groan in pain for a moment, placing their hands on their foreheads. "If that was your pathetic attempt at kissing me, Pippi, it didn't work." Richie chuckles, then gets back up and waits at the door.

"Hurry up! Bill says it's important!" Alisa takes a few moments to blink and look around, then gets up, grabbing her hair brush. "No time to brush that beautiful hair, Pippi. Just put it into braids like you always do. It's pretty." Richie winks, then walks away.

Alisa rolls her eyes, setting down the brush and heading down the stairs to find Bill sitting down on her couch, waiting patiently. "Did anything else happen last night?" She asks, sitting beside him. "No, but B-B-Beverly called Stanley. He told me that she said she n-n-needed to show us something. She seemed pretty sh-sh-sh-shaken." Bill replies, fiddling with his fingers.

"Then let's go." Alisa says, throwing open the front door and making her way towards Richie's bike. "Did he call the others?" She asks, waiting for the black haired boy to get onto the bike. "Y-Yeah. They're gonna meet us on the w-w-way."

••••

The three ride their bikes to Beverly's appartement, meeting along with Eddie, Stan, and Ben along the way.
"Guys, just keep going straight and we should make it." Eddie says, pointing ahead. "No, we gotta go through the alleyway." Stanley argues.

"The alleyway takes too long!" Eddie continues. "No, the alley is so much faster." Alisa and the others find themselves rolling their eyes at their argument. They had already passed the alleyway and it didn't matter anymore.

Meanwhile, Beverly hears their bickering and begins running down the emergency steps of her apartment.

"The alley is more dangerous and it's disgusting."

"How is it more dangerous?"

"It smells like piss and it's gross! Just take the side streets for once." Eddie begins to yell. "Oh, my God." Stanley groans, placing a hand on his forehead. "The side streets are t he same. They smell like piss and shit!"

"Okay, okay! You guys are arguing over something that is irrelevant by now, can you shut up?" Alisa cuts in, grumpily turning back to look at them.

"Can you just tell me what she said exactly?" Eddie asks, sighing. "She didn't say anything. She just said that you guys need to hurry over." Stanley replies.

"She didn't say anything. Okay. Okay." Eddie says, clearly not convinced. The six teens quickly drop their bikes, running up to where Beverly had just arrived, out of breath.