Chapter 8- Paintballing

"Come on guys" Jake shouted too the students, everyone quietended down a bit and one by one, not forgetting the pushing and shoving, got on the bus. We were currently on our way to paintballing and I found out last night the teachers are allowed too join in if they want too. My off the shoulder grey top ,that had 'My eyes are up here' with an arrow on it, swayed in the wind while my light grey skinny jeans and high tops kept my bottom half warm as I walked past Jake not even saying one word too him. I walked straight up too the back too where Char and Craig were sitting next too eachother.

Lately they had been getting on so much better than they used too, which was starting too creep me out. Like yeah I don't blame Char for having a crush on Craig which she does but I didn't think it would get any fur-

"You going to sit down" some chuckled from behind me tearing me out my thoughts. I spun round coming face too face with the one and only Jake, I pushed him away muttering fuck off before sitting down at the back.

"What the helll was that about?" Char whispered

"I'll tell you later" I whispered back, she nodded just as the teachers started to talk at the front.

"Right so when we get there, the man will divide you in too two groups, but the two groups will have a teacher in them but that will be established when we get there" Mr Walker called up the buss, a couple of the girls infront started going on about how they would love Mr Mayford too be on there team. I sighed and raked a hand through my hair pulling out my Ipod and earphones plopping them in my ear and turning on my play list full off 'You Me At Six'. Save It For The Bedroom started playing so I quickly changed it, trust that too come on after last night.

For the whole of the ride I let my eyes stay on the floor while all kinds of music filled my ears, ust thinking about what would of happened if the guys hadnt walked in too the apartment last night. Would Jake of cut it off at any moment and not taken it too far seeming as I'm only 17.Raking my hand through ym hair I looked up, my eyes locked with Jakes and a couple of minutes my phone vibrated. I pulled my gaze away too my phone as I pulled it out my pocket.

1 New Message;

Jake

Birthday in two days, just remember that....

Especially when your still staying with me, your mum callled me last night, her stays been exstended, shes coming back next week on sunday not this sunday.

A small smile come on too my lips, I had forgotten it was my birthday on monday. Eugh a school day. But I'd be at Jakes for another week, that was just stupid. How could my mum do this to me?! My smile was took over by a frown as I remembered she did this last year and then come home the next week apologising for being so late. A nudge on my shoulder brung me too relaity as I peeled my earphones from ym ears and turned to Char

"What was you frowing at so hard?" he chuckled, I had too tell Char, I leant in not wanting anyone infront too hear

"Mums work got extended until next sunday so I have to stay at Jakes until then and monday is my birthday as you know, I don't want to stay there and your find out why later when I tell you what happened last night" I whispered before putting my headphones back in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What felt like hours but really it was only about an hour later we pulled up at the paintballing place. We got off the bus but I waited till last which didnt go too plan because Jake got out of his seat so he was walking behind me. As I got to the steps of the bus I jumped down and hurried off towards where Craig was stood. I unplugged my earphones and packed them all back in too my jean pocket knowing they wouldnt fall out.