Chapter 48: Ning Jie's Answer

"Young Mistress, it's better if we don't talk about important things here. It's not safe," Xiao Yu said.

"I know. It's too risky. Let's go! It's really time to go, or else, we will be late."

After greeting the matriarch and Madam Wang for the day, Yao Ling diligently attended her lesson with Zhang Mo Mo just like usual.

Zhang Mo Mo praised her and said that she had an improvement. It made her pretty happy.

The sooner she could master the etiquette, the sooner she could learn another thing.

After that, they went to 'Fu Rong' directly. Before she entered 'Fu Rong', she saw Ning jie stood nervously in front of 'Fu Rong'.

She just walked back and forth but didn't dare to go in.

Once... she tried to go in, but then... she chickened out.

It was a quite funny sight, making Yao Ling want to laugh, but she knew she would hurt Ning jie's feeling so she decided against it.

Yao Ling tapped her shoulder softly from behind and smiled, "Have you decided to work here?"

Ning jie was surprised but managed to calm herself after knowing that it was Yao Ling. She sighed in relief and nodded. "Yes, this servant has already decided. Thank you for Young Mistress' help."

"Good!"

Yao Ling didn't bother correcting the way Ning jie called her this time, because they were in 'Fu Rong and she was still the boss here.

Ning jie should call her Young Mistress out of courtesy, besides... this would terminate the chance someone knew about their relationship in private.

It was better this way.

"Come inside with me. I need you to embroider a handkerchief with a design of your own as the test. I want to know the level of your embroidery skill and your creativity level," Yao Ling explained briefly.

When she saw Li Huan, she called him to come to her, "Xiao Huan, I want to test this new embroiderer. Give her everything she needs, because I want to gauge her skill level. Can you do that?"

"This servant will prepare it," Li Huan quickly answered.

This was the normal procedure of hiring embroiderers, so it was nothing new for Li Huan.

He turned to Ning jie and said, "Follow me!"

Ning jie looked at Yao Ling asking for permission silently.

Yao Ling nodded and encouraged her to follow Li Huan, "Go with him! When you finish the embroidery, you can find me and show me the finished good. After that, we can talk about your salary and work schedule."

"This servant understands," Ning jie politely answered. After that, she left with Li Huan.

Xiao Yu asked Yao Ling curiously, "Who is that, Young Mistress?"

"That's Ning jie."

"Ah... the kids' benefactor?" Xiao Yu remembered where she had heard the name before and she guessed correctly.

"Yes."

"Aiya~ Young Mistress' kindness is really too much!" Xiao Yu scowled.

Yao Ling helplessly explained, "I'm not that kind, Xiao Yu. I'll tell you all about it later, okay? But this is not the right place and not the right time. When everything comes into place, I'll definitely tell you everything!"

Xiao Yu nodded and smiled, "Okay! Thank you, Young Mistress."

"All right. Let's go to work!" After saying that, Yao Ling did her works as usual. She waited for Ning jie's result patiently.