Chapter 69: Their Intimate Moment - Part 1

After kissing her, Yao Ying answered her lightly. "No, I can't make out her face. Only a blurry image of her face. That's all. I think I was dreaming of a ghost." Yao Ying shuddered at the thought.

Yao Ling saw his behavior and it slightly eased her heavy heart. Yao Ying didn't think he knew her then it was alright.

It was probably because of her own anxiousness that led to her negative thought.

Yao Ling stifled a laugh and said, "Even a ghost likes you..."

"What are you talking about?" Yao Ying felt bewildered. "It's just a nightmare! Don't mention ghost anymore! It makes my whole body shudder in fear. What if it appears at night?"

Yao Ling scoffed at what he said. "Hmpf! I don't believe in ghost."

"Really?" Yao Ying asked, raising one of his eyebrows.

"Of course!" Yao Ling puffed out her chest and lightly patted it.

"Well... okay..." Yao Ying watched her while smiling evilly.

Yao Ling felt relieved after he finally relented. She turned around, trying to find out what time it was.

She still waited for Xiu and Feng's report on their job.

When she turned around, Yao Ying took this chance to slowly spook her from behind.

He nudged her back softly and yelled softly, "Bo!!"

Yao Ling was actually still feeling scared of the ghost story.

At first, she didn't think about it until Yao Ying asked the question what if it appeared. That was why she was easily scared at that moment.

When she felt the gentle touch on her back, she could feel her whole body shiver. When Yao Ying said 'Bo', she almost fainted in fear.

Yao Ling yelped and yelled in surprise, "Aaaaaa~" She almost fell out of the bed, if Yao Ying didn't catch her in time. Yao Ling could feel her heart beating faster and faster. She stared at Yao Ying in anger and slapped his chest, "Not funny!"

Yao Ying roared in laughter, feeling amused by her reaction.

He looked at her innocently and asked, "But... you said that you didn't feel scared! I'm just teasing you."

Yao Ling puffed her cheek, pouting. "I'm not scared! Just feeling surprised. That's all!"

Yao Ying pretended to nod and agree with her. "En..."

However, Yao Ling could see the mischievous twinkling in his eyes with a hint of mocking. He didn't believe her!

Yao Ling turned her head away indignantly. She wasn't going to lower herself to his level.

She harrumphed and left the bed but not without glaring once again at Yao Ling.

She searched for Xiao Yu. "Xiao Yu..."

Xiao Yu who waited upon her in front of the room quickly answered her, "Yes, Young Mistress?"

"What time is it now?"

"It's Shen Shi (modern timing: 3 pm - 5 pm), Young Mistress."

"Do Xiu and Feng already come back?" Yao Ling asked.

"Not yet, Young Mistress."

"Very well then. Prepare light snacks for me and Young Master. Young Master has just woken up, he probably feels hungry," Yao Ling ordered Xiao Yu.

"Yes, Young Mistress."

When Xiao Yu went out, Yao Ling came back to her inner bedroom. Yao Ying was still lazily sitting down on the bed.