Chapter 133: Lin Zhou - Something Isn't Right 3

"Nothing will happen!" One of the scholars said. "This is only a simple matter so why would The Emperor care about it?"

"Brother ah~ if it's that simple... why should you care and want to stop the wedding ah~?" Yao Ying asked, making the crowd's opinion swayed once more. "Doesn't it mean you are looking trouble for yourself?"

"True ah~"

"They have been talking about this matter on a few different spots every day..."

"Do they have another purpose?"

"It becomes so fishy..."

"Yes ah... it's weird!"

The crowd started to talk among themselves and they became suspicious of the scholars' motive.

They were in deep discussion and it was quite loud.

The scholars were able to hear what they said clearly.

One of the scholars who was a bit hotheaded yelled, "We are scholars! Why do we have another purpose except for our kingdom's wellbeing?" He talked with a righteous manner arrogantly.

Yao Ying looked at them doubtfully, "All of you are scholars, but all of you... really don't know what would happen if the people stop the wedding by force?"

The crowd was quite agitated because they were indeed planning to sabotage the wedding and even planned to throw eggs, vegetables, and whatnot to the entourage because of their anger.

They already decided to this because of the scholars' subtle persuasion.

The way they looked at the scholars started to change. Their trust became distrust in a heartbeat.

Yao Ying looked up in surprise and asked, "I heard from my teacher. If you offend another kingdom's royal family --- including the princess, wouldn't it akin to declare war? I don't think my teacher would lie to me about such an important matter..."

The crowd's face became pale and unsightly.

"War?!"

"Then, why those scholars suggested us to attack the wedding entourage?!"

"Do they want to harm us?!"

"Why don't they stop it themselves?"

"Yes ah~ if they really want to stop the wedding, they should do it carefully. Why they kept bragging for the past few days?"

The louder the crowd's voice, the paler the scholars' face were. They knew that they were at a disadvantage.

The crowd started to get out of hand with their accusations.

The public opinion had changed the tide and it made them started to feel scared.

The man in front of them was very clever and was able to find their loopholes easily.

His words and questions seemed to be innocent but he was able to corner them.

Who was this man?!

One of them quickly refuted, trying to change the tide once again, "It's not that serious. Why do you want to scare these people?" However, his excuse was too weak.

Yao Ying asked while tilting his head to the side, "Not that serious? But brothers... let me ask a question... What will The Emperor or the royalty do, if the common people are rude to them? We don't need to think far ahead like throwing things to them, for example, accidentally bump on them..."

The crowd shuddered in fear. Why didn't they think that far ahead?!

Even though the other party wasn't their favorite but they were still a part of the Han Kingdom's royal blood.