Chapter 129: Long'An - Han Xiang and Xiao Fang 1

Yao Ling didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

At first, Xiao Fang looked so beautiful like a deity because of her eyes and made her feel it was hard to get closer to her.

She never thought there was a cute side of her and Xiao Fang already said the 'facts' word a bit louder, everyone probably heard about it.

And yet, she still tried to pretend to be dumb. It made her speechless.

Yao Ying said from behind them with a loud voice, "En... Even I clearly heard that you said facts."

Xiao Fang felt embarrassed because of that. She felt like slapping her own mouth.

She knew that Yao Ling didn't have any weird intention, she was just merely gossiping about the big events that shook the balance of the three kingdoms, so she couldn't fault her.

She sighed and answered them, "Yes. All of those are facts. It seems like the gossiper's aunt indeed worked in the palace. It's a public secret for the people in the palace that Han Xiang is the abandoned Princess."

"How do you know?" Yao Ling asked curiously.

Xiao Fang contemplated for a few moments whether she should tell them the truth or not. "She's my best friend," she admitted.

Yao Ling's eyes widened. "Huh? How come?"

"You mean how come an abandoned princess is able to have a friend?" Xiao Fang asked.

Yao Ling nodded.

She knew that her question was quite rude, but she couldn't stop herself in time from asking.

She didn't think that an abandoned princess would have a privilege in the friend department because even the eunuchs and palace maids probably wouldn't respect the princess.

"I accidentally met with her once in the palace," Xiao Fang started reminiscing. "You don't know how cruel they treated the young princess. She has no powerful maternal family to back her up and she also didn't have his father's love. Her future was bleak..."

Yao Ling took a peek at Lin Jian and she could see how his fists were tightly clenched under his sleeves and how his whole body was tense.

He tried to imagine his little sister's pain and his heart clenched in pain.

Xiao Fang continued talking, "When I met her, her eyes were dead with no hope in life. She's the same age as me but instead of laughter... I only see pain."

Xiao Fang remembered that Han Xiang had given up on her life at that time.

She almost jumped on the pond just to let everything go and she was only five at that time.

Xiao Fang's older brother was the one who saved her.

A step too late and she would have stopped breathing.

"What happened to her?" Yao Ling asked.

"Neglected, no fresh foods for her, malnutrition, insulted by the palace maids and eunuchs --- you name it and she had been through all of those bad treatments. She became the victim of the harsh environment inside the palace," Xiao Fang said. "She was only five... what could she do? She just wanted to end her pain."

"What happened after that?" Yao Ling really pitied the princess.

She was only five and she had been through hell.

"My father's position in the court was quite stable back then. I begged my father to save the princess and let her be my companion..."